Thread: Day 24 and feel like Im in hell

Day 24 and feel like Im in hell

So my first week on Prozac was great next two I had nasty chest infection and on 9 tablets a day atm so cant tell how much I feel rubbish because im ill and how much because of SE kicking in. Since last night my anxiety has been through the roof! I feel horrible my OCD seems to be worse then over I just want to lock myself in and scream wth is happening to me 😣 Someone please tell me this is not unusual. This is my 3rd lot since June after Effexor and Zoloft havent helped and I know I have to stick it out as long as possible. Starting to think Ill never be alright. Sorry about rant just feel so scared and hopeless today

Re: Day 24 and feel like Im in hell

I think I was on prozac about a month before I really started to feel better. it was a rough adjustment period. hang in there; my dr said you won't feel the full effects until possibly eight weeks.
    I only took 20 mil. What dose are you on? I think 40 is more standard.

Im on 20 mg dr did say its one of the slower ADs I just dont get how can suddenly feel this horrible when I ve been alright pretty much until now. Thank you for the reply think Ill have to take today hour by hour it just scared me how panicky and bad Im feeling.

Hi Blue- I'm still struggling on at day 54. I've just had my dose increased today to 40mg, so I'm hoping it will help. GP said that at 8 weeks I should be better by now, but not sure if this is accurate looking at the timetable.

Hey Peachypips I had some great days when I actually felt happy then last few days I felt incredibly low again Hope dose increase helps you Im having check up in few weeks I had phone app recently and she didnt want to increase or change anything for now to give it chance to work.

Hi Blue,
    Hope you are ok. This is such a tough ride! I am on day 10 of my increase to 40mg and 9 wks three days on Fluoxetine. I'm having a better day today, but still feel jittery and have that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I think on this med it doesn't seem to be a linear process for anyone- it seems to be that you feel great for a few weeks or days, then go downhill for a few days, then feel better again. This seems to happen until you reach 12 weeks, then you stop having blips.

I find it so hard having a blip as all the doubts creep in about the meds. We need to stick it out til 12 weeks!

Hang in there. I switched from Lexapro to Prozac and it was a rough transition. Lex worked great for 10 years and then faded out. Went from 20 to 40 and then 60 on Prozac before I felt like myself again. Took months, but worth it in the end. Was told upfront it was one of the longest to get to full effect. They were certainly literal about that. It does get better, actually much better! Best wishes.

Always discuss medical concerns with your Dr.

Thanks for replies guys its definitely taking its time! Ill have a good day followed by 2 bad ones and some weird side effects to go with. Will have a check up with dr next week and see if we ll go up the dose or carry on into 6th week now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky79 View Post
    So my first week on Prozac was great next two I had nasty chest infection and on 9 tablets a day atm so cant tell how much I feel rubbish because im ill and how much because of SE kicking in.
    It is probably a combination of both Prozac side-effects, side-effects from the other meds, plus very probably an increase in anxiety from the infection itself.

In many respects anxiety disorders and depression are immune system disorders and they tend to flare when the system is over active. This can be such a problem for folk prescribed immune system boosters such as interferon and the interleukins for viral infections and cancers that they are now routinely also prescribed SSRIs for the duration of the treatment.

This is my 3rd lot since June after Effexor and Zoloft havent helped
    Have either Luvox (fluvoxamine) or Anafranil (clomipramine) been suggested? Both have been proven to have an advantage over other antidepressants for OCD.

Thread Information