Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many people work?

Re: How many people work?

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I'm about 3 weeks into my first full-time job (where I am not a student). I think it's good to get out of the house and it's certainly good to make some money and gain some independence.

I'm finding my job to be quite stressful; there's a lot to learn and my supervisors, though nice, can be rather nit-picky about how certain things are done. Sometimes it is necessary as there is a proper procedure to follow, but sometimes it just doesn't. For example, I got in a bit of trouble today because I sent an email out and forgot some attachments. Didn't seem like a big deal to me, but one of my supervisors was upset.

I keep sane by telling myself I'm not doing this forever I'm considering going back to school and getting my master's degree as I can do some classes for free because I work at the university - then once completed I can move on and get a new job.
    They got upset because you forgot to attach documents???? Not a big deal at all!
    Its their problem. This is why I wont work somewhere where people are like that, I cant cope with it anymore. Thats why Im temping for now.

I work but had to cut my hrs down it was getting to me and my cleaning company doesnt help either cant have a stress day off work or if I am ill as the contract is a prestige one and would be sacked But the clients are nice and treat me with respect Cheers

I'm having a really crappy day today and it's days like these I wish I was able to work. Stuck in the house all day for the 4th day running feel like screaming!

Quote Originally Posted by tsmithcats View Post
    They got upset because you forgot to attach documents???? Not a big deal at all!
    Its their problem. This is why I wont work somewhere where people are like that, I cant cope with it anymore. Thats why Im temping for now.
    I know! People send me emails all the time without attachments - no big deal. My supervisor told me that she reads emails over like five times before sending them; I proofread but hey, mistakes happen. I'm basically a glorified secretary at this position anyway so I'm not going to sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    I'm having a really crappy day today and it's days like these I wish I was able to work. Stuck in the house all day for the 4th day running feel like screaming!
    KeeKee, that sounds awful. Is it possible for you to volunteer anywhere just to get out of the house? I know you've said that it is difficult for you but maybe there's some compromise?
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I work and have worked throughout my anxiety and depression. I think there are times I wish I didn't, but it is probably for the best that I have. Now I am feeling good about it but it does get very draining. I do feel accomplished though and good about myself when I finish a tough week.

Volunteering is a great way to get your feet wet and feel good without the pressures of work.

Hi Poppy. I'm not sure in regards to volunteering. It's getting the guts to leave the house that's the problem. If I make a commitment and can't attend I'd also feel too nervous to ring them and let them know so I'd probably not notify them and look like a horrible person. I can't deal with people face to face or over the phone and I can't tie my hair back in front of anybody due to my BDD so I'm lost for what I could actually do. I do like animals, but I find it quite demanding looking after my 3 cats never mind other animals too, plus I'm scared of dogs ha. I don't know, I'll find a way to get out this rut somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    My supervisor told me that she reads emails over like five times before sending them; I proofread but hey, mistakes happen. I'm basically a glorified secretary at this position anyway so I'm not going to sweat it.
    Perhaps she suffers from a bit of OCD?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information