Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still not right

Re: Still not right

Citydeer, thanks. That's the best news I have heard yet.
    Even the counselor I spoke with yesterday said it would pass but no one has said when, and lasting this long is freaking me out.

Been almost a week now, having some good moments but then that feeling of trepidation comes back. Being able to get out and enjoy the sunshine has helped but even that isn't solving whatever this is. But I still believe I'll be ok and tomorrow morning I meet with the case worker so may be something will get moving from there.

A week is still a very short period of time if you've had a bad episode, i wouldnt worry too much that you dont feel entirely normal again yet - with each new day that passes you have opportunities to make progress. it sounds like you're already doing a lot better than you were a week ago. i hope you get some good advice from your case worker, just keep being kind to yourself and patient with how you're feeling. whenever you feel that trepidation, just let yourself feel it for what it is - it doesn't mean it is going to become more than that/turn into another wave of attacks.

i am trying to give myself the above advice today, because after 3 weeks of no attacks i felt a chemical shift in my brain yesterday. i hoped with a good nights sleep i would wake up this morning and feel back to normal but i dont, i feel this sort of "not right" feeling that i know could develop into an attack if i let it. but im trying not to, i'm just telling myself that it's normal as a person with an anxiety disorder to feel "not right" sometimes, it doesn't mean i need to give any extra power to that feeling by worrying about it or what it could turn into. i'm just going to get on with my day as normal as i can.

Citydeer, I did see my caseworker this morning, and talking with her was helpful. The earliest appointment with the Dr isn't until the 17th of Feb but I'm on the "will call" list if there is any cancellations.

Had a fairly good day today, put a few hundred miles on my bike when I was done with the case worker just riding the back roads and enjoying the scenery. Nothing like having a Redtail hawk flying beside you to make all the worries go away for a little while.

But just be sure to take care of yourself too, and I hope we both can get back to normal soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information