Thread: No breaks between adrenaline rushes

No breaks between adrenaline rushes

Do u ever get days when there is simply no let up. The adrenaline is going thru u all day long and the thought of acceptance just seems too great a challenge

Just struggling with those days ATM wondered if I am alone

Jacqueline

Re: No breaks between adrenaline rushes

Yes, for some reason I always get them at night, along with racing intrusive thoughts. It's a pain in the arse.

You're not alone. That constant 'on edge' feeling, mind racing, heart pounding etc. Like Arose, I hate it when it runs into the night and you simply cannot switch off and get the rest you've needed all day.

It's just so hard. People are talking to me but my mind is on how I feel. I want to run away or punch them. It's just so horrible.

Hi, I've had it all day long, I've had it so bad I couldn't function, I felt so sick, palpitations, bad stomach, insomnia I couldn't work or look after my kids at the height of my crisis but I was terrified as I didn't know what was happening.

When I have set backs I start with an intense rush of adrenaline then when that calms I can still feel adrenaline there as my heart beat will be noticable, my appetite will go, I won't sleep well and will have more adrenaline symtoms on waking this lasts a few days. During this time it's easy to despair but I try and carry on, do lots of exercise, try to think positive as even bad thoughts will increase the adrenaline, I take Kalms at night and meditate more and I find taking beta blockers in the morning helps.

You are not alone, I often wondered if you could have physical symptoms all day every day, in the beginning when I was getting my medication right I had papitations all day for weeks, I honestly thought they would always be there but in time they went.

This is all too familiar to me, mine comes and goes. If you practice CBT or use mindfulness it helps a lot. It's the most difficult thing you will ever do is try and get out of your head while feeling like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline7 View Post
    Do u ever get days when there is simply no let up. The adrenaline is going thru u all day long and the thought of acceptance just seems too great a challenge

Just struggling with those days ATM wondered if I am alone

Jacqueline
    Yes, I get days like this but I find it helps to work with the adrenalin by working or walking it off and upping the relaxation exercises in-between. I also make sure I eat something every few hours to prevent blood sugar spikes. As hard as it is to accept, it's exactly what you need to do. It will subside eventually.

Thread Information