Hi, I was having some trouble sleeping last night and suddenly had an 'aura' type visual episode - flashing circles, kaleidoscope, splotches that appeared and disappeared very quickly. I assumed I was getting a migraine (although I've never really had one like this before, or a migraine for a very long time), got my mum because it was a little scary and she explained that this was an occular migraine and there was a family history and that I shouldn't get a headache or nausea.

I went back to bed, headache starting - it felt like bad tension headache with extra pain at the back of my head. I took paracetamol and was eventually able to sleep. I woke up with the same headache and it's been on and off all day. It goes between a dull pain and some sharp pain. I can't figure out if it's a throbbing pain or not. It's certainly been distracting, but I've been able to sit in rooms with natural light and also go outside in the evening.

As an emetophobic I am very anxious about this. The last time I had a migraine I was sick (although maybe an hour or two after it started, whereas I've had this for nearly 24 hours). I have been having daily tension headaches/sinus headaches for about 3 weeks but I can't remember if this is what I've already been dealing with. I haven't had nausea outside of feeling anxious about these headaches but I'm just terrified of suddenly feeling ill.

I'm also slightly confused as I've been taking 2x80mg propranolol for almost 2 weeks now, and I've been reading that propranolol is prescribed to help migraines. Is this even a migraine? Have I just freaked myself out enough to give myself a bad tension headache?

I'm sorry that this is so long but I need a little reassurance. I know rationally that if I was sick I would feel better shortly afterwards but emetophobia paints the idea of throwing up as absolutely catastrophic :/ Thanks!