Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gp want put me on pregabalin?/ help advice needed..

gp want put me on pregabalin?/ help advice needed..

hi.. i was on citralapram ages, no help, started fluoxotine[prozac], had such terrifying experience i stopped at 2wk, always had anxiety but depression mainly, but refuse take anti dep again i so scared.
    31 may thursday[yesterday], saw gp, was in such bad way prescribed zopiclone -sleeping tablets- also diazipam-only 10mg per day for 1wk, then 5mg per day 2nd wk. [only a 2week script]. gp wants put me on ''pregabalin'' when i see her again in 2wks, due to prozac i told her i terrified n dont want take any anti deppressents, gp said pregabalin is for anxiety n non addicctive.

i must say i took 20mg diazepam yesterday insteaD 10mg, i was so bad, but out anything i ever ever taken/tried this had best effect, didnt remove all bad feelings etc but for 1st time in ...forever;;;... i felt a little peace, ease, i even napped. i have had lots experience with valium/diazepam etc so i know all ins outs, i used be addicted, but now i know why..it does help;; but i also know its addicctive n you end up needing more n more etc, so i think best way to use it is how my gp done it, 2 weeks max, prob get it 1-3 times year like that.

i wont be on any other med, the diazepam n zopiclone only for 2wk.

i never heard of it b4, wanted to hear from anyone with info/experiences with pregabalin...please???

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------also what actually is 'pregabalin'??? what kind/type medication? also what affects does it have good and bad?? thanks

~YOU MUST BRAVE THE STORM TO SEE THE RAINBOW~
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ~If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up~

Re: gp want put me on pregabalin?/ help advice needed..

I find your post really hard to read. Can you tidy it up a bit so I can help.

It is an anti epileptic medication, although it is formally licensed for anxiety.

Thumbs up Re: gp want put me on pregabalin?/ help advice needed..

Hi ANG3LIC

I have a thread running with some posts about this medication. I found it okay it has helped me but it is still early doors for me. I have just increased my dosage but apart from maybe putting some weight on I have not noticed any side effects so I would give it a

Good Luck anyway whatever you decide to do....

Steven

Hello

This drug has helped me enormously with general anxiety....we are different so you have to pretty much try it and see how you get on...but I for one would reccommend this med.

Hope it goes well for you.
    Jo.x

I have also recently started this medication and very sensitive to medication and have had no side affects

I've been on it for three weeks and i think its helped the anxiety but I'm really dizzy and doped feeling. Walk and talk as if I'm drunk. Seeing shrink tomorrow as its unbearable. He says its an unusual reaction. Would happen to me

Joy

Hi Joy i have read that before about pregablin, what dose do you have ? mine is very low so is probably why i haevnt had much of the a problem x

somnolence and dizziness are common adverse effects of pregabalin.

I think my shrink told me it affects 20% of people.

Hence you increase slowly, in slow chunks and split the dose into 3 rather than 2. That works for me..

wow.. thankyou everyone xxx

does it feel anything like valium? diazepam? etc??

~YOU MUST BRAVE THE STORM TO SEE THE RAINBOW~
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ~If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up~

shrink has just reduced me down to 75mg twice a day as 150mg twice a day ws killing me

Got a lot of good reports about it tho, it did help the anxiety tho but could hack the side effects.

Joy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information