Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teenage trouble

Angry Teenage trouble

What is one supposed to do with unruly teenagers near your property?.
    I feel it's a matter of time before damage is done.
    Where are the Police these days?

Confrontation always ends with the person defending their property being prosecuted.

Re: Teenage trouble

Hi Dave

Its a real problem these days isnt it, i know the other night there where lots of teenagers outside my house, my husband was afraid they may damage is car,he was going to go tell them off and send them on there way, but i told him not to because of fear they may retaliate and damage his car !! Luckily they went and caused no problem.

I know what you mean about the police though, they used to be always walking the streets when i was a kid.

love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Dave Is It My Son????? No I Shouldnt Say That But Hey Kids Today Are Out Of Control

Dave,

If you are worried you should call the police anyway rather than confronting the kids yourself - just to be on the safe side.

Unfortunately there is a minority of youths that give the good ones a bad name. I have one of the good ones!

Do ring the police though if you are worried.

Janice xx

I feel for you, I hate rowdy teens. Thankfully my neighbours normally call the police. If you are bothered I'd give the local station a call (if you can still do that?).

Smile Re: Teenage trouble

Thanks Ladies, my partner has given me strict instructions to keep indoors.....but I'll be watching from behind the net curtains !! lol x

kevin.jpg

Part of the problem is lack of interest in the kids, be that from their parents or the local community. Just phoning the police will only move them on for a short time and on to someone else. We live in a culture that is no longer accepts that problems within our community are our problems and we need to address them in a construtive way. This is something we are doing in my area and its beginning to show rewards. The council need to provide things for teens but also have them involved in the community so that they have a sense of respect for where they live.

There are teens that have lost total respect but there is normally an uderlying issue and I know the media would have us whip them but I believe with the right support we can bring about change in others lives

I agree,

Working in an inner city school I come across quite a wide range of children (albeit only primary school ones).

Before I was the IT tech I was a special needs LSA and worked with children with issues which ranged from cystic fibrosis to ADHD and behavioural problems.

I am all for discipline - but it must go hand in hand with love and good guidance. Sadly, this combination seems to be in the decline today with regard to parenting.

My eldest daughter is a police officer and is stationed in one of the worst areas of Plymouth. We live just on the outskirts of this area and she went to secondary school in this area and grew up amongst youngsters such as Dave is having trouble with. Thankfully this didn't prevent her growing up to be a law-abiding citizen with respect for others. Sometimes she comes into contact with ex school friends who have 'gone off the rails' and this saddens her greatly. However, it only makes her more determined to deal with the calls she gets in a firm but compassionate manner. She would encourage you to contact the police Dave, if only to have a chat about the situation.

As purplehaze says,

with the right support we can bring about change in others lives
    but that doesn't mean just putting up with abuse and unrest - from anybody.

There can be no excuse for disruptive, disrecpectful behaviour - we all have to make choices every day. And we need to encourage and teach our young people how to make the right ones.

Right, I've bumped me head now 'cos I've just fallen off me soap-box lol !!

Hope things improve for you real soon Dave,

XXX XXX

Dave think its best you stay indoors, and contact the police instead of dealing with it yourself. As a mother of a teenager, I cringe when I think what they are up to. I know she does go around in a large group, but would like to think she shows respect to people, well she better or will have me to deal with lol. The problems lies that there is nothing for them to do when outdoors, and Im all one for getting them off the computer and out meeting their friends, but unfortunately all they do is hang around causing a nuisance sometimes.

Hugs in the meantime and hope it settles soon

Darkangel

Hi

Yes i have to agree, its the word respect that a small minority of teenagers dont understand, and also the value of things. In todays society kids get far too much, computers, laptops, posh mobile phones etc. People say to me "ohh they have nothing to do!and feel sorry for them"I remember when i was a kid, i didnt have anything to do either but i didnt go vandalising people property,my parents didnt have much money and i can always remember them buying me a second hand bike for my 12th Birthday, that bike was my pride and joy every sunday i would wash it and brasso the wheels . Christmas is so different in my household now, my kids have everything and i never know what to get them for xmas, if i could turn back time i would certainly do things different and not have give them as much as i have.

right ive had mi moan.lol

Andrea
    xxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information