Thread: from 50mg to 100mg on Sertraline? worth doing?

Unhappy from 50mg to 100mg on Sertraline? worth doing?

Hi everyone

i suffer with Relationship OCD and anxiety, its ruined my life since age 21, i am Male and age 36
    my doctor put me on 50mg of Sertraline which i take one tablet every morning
    i have felt slightly better, but OCD is still bad, doctor wants me to come see him and discuss going up to 100mg instead..............anyone had success with upping their dosage with making them feel better?
    obviously, its a silly question to ask, as each person is different.... but just trying to get some feedback from people

many thanks

PS: i have had CBT Therapy, but it didnt really help me im afraid

i just want to feel Normal :-(
    I have met an amazing woman, and i feel this is still ruining my life EVERY DAY!
    i dont want to lose the best thing thats ever happened to me

Re: from 50mg to 100mg on Sertraline? worth doing?

150mg was the best dose for me and it helped control my anxiety really well. I went up to 100mg first for a couple of weeks. It's normal to increase sertraline - 50mg is quite a low dose.

I am not on it now, but only really because the nausea and other *ahem* digestive problems were bad for me on the higher doses.

IT's definitely worth going up. I started on 50, then went to 100, then 150, then 200. 200 was the best dosage for me.

I did go down to 100, and am now back up to 200, which has been horrible - the increase in Sertraline has made me feel really, really quite ill, but i am sure it will be worth it, as i know 200 worked for me before.

If 50 isn't doing the trick, i'd recommend going higher.

Hi I've completely stopped taking sertraline, I was on 150mg and I went down daily to 100, 50, 25 to none I am now on day four of having none at all, so far I've had some confusion but only small moments, I'm finding it actually easier to concentrate and I also have my sex drive back Everyone is different and I get the feeling my withdrawals are not over yet, I will be back to update how today goes as I'm a little worried, I also wouldn't advise anyone else to try this without consulting there doctor,everyone I have spoken with about this have tried to scare me into coming off much more gradually. Catch you later fellow Sertraline buddies g

Thread Information