Thread: Colonoscopy coming up

Colonoscopy coming up

Hi

I have been doing better anxiety wise recently. I am taking meds and keeping busy.

For a while now I have been having bowel problems. Always put it down to irritable bowel. But in May my gp tested my stool for inflammation and it came back positive. She sent me to a GI and expected that I would have a colonoscopy. GI was not concerned and said although it was 3x higher than the normal upper limit, it was not high enough to cause him concern to do tests.

In true health anxiety style I was not reassured by this and have spent the last few months since examining my poo. Yuk. It is always flatter. Not circular. It's not particularly thin just compressed looking. Sometimes I also notice groves on it. I've not been able to settle and asked for a second opinion so I am booked for a colonoscopy and ofcourse I am convinced I will be diagnosed with colon c just 5 days before my 33rd birthday .

I am also having terrible acid reflux. I've had this on and off for about 4 years. Treat with ppi's and then it goes away and then comes back as bad as ever. So I also think I need an endoscopy

So that's me feeling low and scared again.

Re: Colonoscopy coming up

Mine come out like that and I did a bit of research turns out its an ibs thing

I have had all the symptoms you describe including bleeding from the bowel and severe pain. Had a colonoscopy and it turned out to be diverticular disease which is evidently quite common. Hopefully your colonoscopy will be clear to as it is most likely to be IBS. Regarding acid reflux it seems to me that IBS and acid reflux almost go together so not surprised you also suffer with this. What does your GP say about it. You are very young to have anything seriously wrong.

Thanks both!

I went to the loo yesterday and guess what - perfect shape!! Then went later and flatter! I seem to notice flatter when straining??

Gp thinks there is nothing wrong other than ibs. The GI I saw in the summer dismissed me and said absolutely nothing wrong other than ibs and did not recommend any further tests. Just hope with my heart he was right.

Acid reflux been going on for few year. I'm also overweight and eat and drink all the things I'm meant to avoid which makes acid reflux bad. Coffee, ca fine, fizzy drinks, spicy foods etc etc!

I am just praying that all is ok. Will let you know sat.

I'm also dreading the prep! I've been given movi prep. Anyone any tips to make it less traumatic?? Thanks!x

Quote Originally Posted by LE View Post
    I'm also dreading the prep! I've been given movi prep. Anyone any tips to make it less traumatic?? Thanks!x
    It's not traumatic, it's just not the most pleasant thing to deal with. Best advice is stay close to the bathroom, have an extra roll of TP, a good book or a fully charged laptop battery

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Fishmanpa and Nicola.

I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy today and they were just fine. I was really nervous, but honestly, it wasn't bad at all. I had sedation and don't remember a great deal which is a good thing!

The prep wasn't pleasant but bearable. I just drank lots of water at the same time and managed to get it all down, I had both picolax and moviprep.

I think your symptoms sound like ibs - and when you've had the test done, you'll be able to put it to bed xx

Update

Colonoscopy was normal. Issues disappeared. No idea what my stools look like these days my focus has moved on. Just shows with the level of detail I was noticing and fixated on yet in my mind of reference I can't remember all of that!!

Quote Originally Posted by LE View Post
    Update

Colonoscopy was normal. Issues disappeared. No idea what my stools look like these days my focus has moved on. Just shows with the level of detail I was noticing and fixated on yet in my mind of reference I can't remember all of that!!
    Pleased to know everything is fine

Thread Information