Thread: I am in tears at moment

Cool I am in tears at moment

Hello everyone, quite a while ago i posted on these forum about worrying that i may die from a heart attack / blocked artery disease (at the age of 25, do not drink / smoke / drug, go figure the logic).

While i've managed to keep and fight the anxiety at bay in general, i still had a few hitches here and there occasionally.

But today is a new milestone!!!! I had a phobia of taking my blood pressure because it was always high at the doctor (160 / 100). Just thinking about it made me feel unwell.

Yesterday i bought a high end digital blood pressure meter on amazon and decided that screw it, even if my reading is 400 / 200 i don't bloody care, enough is enough, i WILL go over it and if i find that i get consistently high readings (on multiple weeks), i'll simply accept it and seek treatment.

But what i found was heart breaking (no pun intended). I followed the instructions to the letter, as in, take it on your left arm, in a calm place, relaxing (10 min) palm facing up and arm at a heart level etc etc. AND GUESS WHAT???

THE READING WAS 124/84, DESPITE a pulse of 100!!

That thing right there was like winning the, excuse my language, ****ing lottery. I couldn't contain myself how such a ridiculous fear could corner myself for so long. Now it's going straight to the bloody garbage (the fear, not the meter haha!).

I tried get subsequent readings after that and got 162 / 86 on the right arm (because i was bloody excited!) and MAGICALLY 2 minute later it had gone down 152 / 85. AMAZING how magic works eh??? Took it again on the left arm right after and got also 152 / 85, so no "blocked arteries" on one side either, just normal, emotional response from the body.

Ladies and gents, i feel seriously liberated today. I'm fricking happy. I will resume my body weight training and my cardio that i put aside weeks ago due to fear of my blood pressure being too high. I will stop worrying about life (at least try, but now i have very good arguments against my anxiety) and finally enjoy myself again .

Anyway, have a good one everyone! Thanks for the support and the amazing site. You've helped me tremendously getting over my fear of fear .

Re: I am in tears at moment

Well done Zaedas You have tackled your phobia/fear head on and confronted it good and proper mate. Excellent work The fact that you are ditching your fear in to the garbage is wonderful news, Well it's onwards and upwards mate Good Luck Cheers

That is great news

Well done Doing something like that feels great doesn't it. Years ago I remember telling myself it I managed to walk into town, I would reward myself with a new lipstick. I did it...into the town, did a bit of shopping and into Boots. Came out clutching a new lippy. I was so proud and it put me in such a good mood for days.

Onwards and upwards my friend

Congratulations!!! I had a similar experience ... Struggled with blood pressure fears/anxiety for a while. Every time I went to the doctor it was high. Eventually I got to the same point - I thought "F*** it, it's going to be high, whatever. Give me meds then." And then it started going back to normal at the doctors. It's such a relief to break that cycle and I am very happy for you!!

very happy to hear this, good job

Thread Information