Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dread therapy.

Re: Dread therapy.

Sounds very productive! Nothing like a good exchange of opinions and probably very therapeutic. I must prefer the direct approach-no point steering clear of anything too challenging.

I thought from the thread title that there was a new therapy on the block...."Dread Therapy". Would be great for me

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think it's very hard to find the "right" therapist for complex entrenched issues. You really do have to trust that you have made the right decision but it's pretty obvious when you haven't. I think you do yourself more harm than good if you're not happy with a particular therapist and know that they are taking the easy route..

I found it very hard to tell therapists that I didn't want to continue sessions. It was because they were going nowhere and there was nothing left to say on either side. Ridiculously I didn't want to hurt their feelings...
    Hi

No not ridiculous I get the not wishing to hurt their feeling bit.

Yes it’s a complex thing at times , well for me it has been 😫
    It’s ongoing..
    Thank you for the support....it really helps to hear x

I thought from the thread title that there was a new therapy on the block...."Dread Therapy". Would be great for me
    Exposure therapy to the max!

Not sure I've got the hair for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Exposure therapy to the max!

Not sure I've got the hair for it though.

Pahahahaha
    Funny as......

Yeh I’d go to dread therapy too ..😂😂

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 ----------

Sounds very productive! Nothing like a good exchange of opinions and probably very therapeutic. I must prefer the direct approach-no point steering clear of anything too challenging.

The new ‘Dread Therapy’ did make me laugh.
    See just what you mean ...
    Must get the new therapy patented 😜
    Humour in amongst it all, is good, it helps x

I think you have to see the funny side of things otherwise you'd go under. I've got a truly ridiculous compulsion at the moment which is driving me nuts but I'm trying to laugh at it as opposed to giving myself a hard time over not being able to resist it. I think I need to book myself in for some Dread Therapy with a whiff of a general anaesthetic for good measure!! Would probably sort me out in a jiffy and far better than wasting time seeing therapists with a set agenda working to rigid NICE guidelines..

I think you have to see the funny side of things otherwise you'd go under. I've got a truly ridiculous compulsion at the moment which is driving me nuts but I'm trying to laugh at it as opposed to giving myself a hard time over not being able to resist it. I think I need to book myself in for some Dread Therapy with a whiff of a general anaesthetic for good measure!! Would probably sort me out in a jiffy and far better than wasting time seeing therapists with a set agenda working to rigid NICE guidelines..
    Yes totally agree, at times a sense of humour really is required, it helps.

Dread therapy on order for us both lol along with a whiff of general anaesthetic !! xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information