Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Commtting to the Work of CBT; Is This a Support Group?

I'm Commtting to the Work of CBT; Is This a Support Group?

As of now, I DO NOT have a shrink.

Here, I was hoping to talk through my issues, related to numbness, and attachment trauma, and the sense that others will not help me do my duty, and that others cannot be relied, upon. One of my therapists gave me some worksheets, and I have been working through them; could I talk about them, here?

Basically, my goal, is to confront my family, and their enablers, and I can show my work, which has gotten me to where I am at. I want some feedback; I am anxious to draw conclusions, and take action, after having too long stalled.

In any case, here is the link to my website that I set up beforehand, dedicated to my mental troubles: unthawedfury.wordpress.com

There, you can read up on my pre-cog thinking-- and feelings--for a baseline.

There--let's make progress!

Re: I'm Commtting to the Work of CBT; Is This a Support Group?

This website CAN be a support group as long as it's used correctly. It should be used in conjunction with therapy. I suggest that you stay out of the HA and Symptoms threads. Unfortunately, many of the people there are not in the mindset yet to get help for their problems.

HA stands for? As for symptoms, what's to diagnose, here? I thought it was about diagnosing problems, and taking action; I should likely discuss what I I'm hung up on, and how I plan to deal with it.

It sounds like the reasonable first step.

HA is health anxiety. Most of the posts in symptoms are people with health anxiety who believe they are dying of some horrible disease. Many are not ready to seek help yet, just be aware.

Well, healthy, unhealthy, or whatever, I want help, not that I'll get it here, or no; a Somatic Transformation therapist turned me down today, disappointing me, too, but oh well.

I have failed to find an affordable tranformation therapis in Puget Sound, and may need to look outside it, but oh well. I understand that the key to attachment healing lies in relationship, but I've gotten into a series of quarrels with various counselors, over the issue of forgiveness, namely over whether it is moral, or not. The core issue for me is duty and obligation, but I find no moral support for it.

I honestly find forgiveness hypocritical, and supportive of bad behavior; I have had too much passive hostility, but to heal, I need to trust, but they expect me to be amoral, whereas I want to be honest, but to heal, there needs to be trust, and understanding,but I reject moral compromise.

You've probably heard stories like mine a zillion times, haven't ye? How to make progress?

Well, sometimes forgiveness or understanding are not simply goals anyone can achieve. Everyone's situation is different; there is no cookie-cutter answer for everyone.

I'm not really familiar with somatic transformation therapy.

The therapy that has worked best for me is CBT (for my GAD and family issues), grief counseling (for my PTSD) and medication.

I just found a Somatic Experiencing therapist, but he only takes cash, so I cannot truly see if he works, like I'd like, given I can't immerse in therapy, so I see him less and that slows progress.

Heard of the therapy?

What is the difference between grief counseling and CBT, anyhow? I don't find any comfort or support, from anyone.

So grief counseling pulls things from other types of counseling to help you deal with all the emotions of losing someone. It’s like a collection of best practices, but at first, it’s mostly talk therapy and learning how to process all of your emotions. You keep the beneficial ones, and try to throw out the ones that aren’t.

So can I find a free grief counselor in my area? I need to channel my aggression constructively against all those who did not support, and offered bad therapy, by publicly attacking and discrediting them, regardless their motives; that is what I want to do NOW.

Striking them thus serves purpose, and is constructive; forgiveness isn't helpful, because it stifles energy, instead of channeling it, and attacking all those failed therapists gives me something to do with my time, that serves genuine use.

I kind do that with a grieving heart, but I think it will help.

Sound like a plan?

PS: I will try and find a grief counselor, for my area. Others may find my anger unhelpful, but it is the ONLY drive I have, right now, and intend to use its energy to heal, and want a counselor that will support this game plan: to punish and hurt those who didn't help, given it is the nastiest way to put it, and I'm making a point, consciously bruising all forms of love, that were wrongly rammed down my throat.

Well, grief counseling is for people who have had a loss. Have you lost someone close to you recently? Is that what's causing all the anger?

If not, I suggest that CBT would be your best bet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information