Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eustachian Tube Dysfunction causing severe pain?? so worried, can't find any info

Re: Eustachian Tube Dysfunction causing severe pain?? so worried, can't find any info

Very cool!

Yeah, 9 days into this ear pain and it's hard to believe it will ever go away. But all I get do is try to get through it, I guess.

12 days of bad ear pain... no infection :(

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry because I made a post on this already, but I didn't get many responses and this problem is continuing/consuming my life (both the pain and the worry).

12 days ago I started getting worsening ear pain in both ears. I've also had ringing in both, but I can only hear that when it's quiet around. The pain is very intense and constant. I went to an urgent care doc who threw antibiotics at me, which didn't work, and then to my primary care doc who said it was likely inflammation in my Eustachian tube/middle ear from a virus. That was a week ago. I've been taking the antibiotics still, and nasal steroid spray, and I feel like maybe the pain is a little better, but it's also hard to tell and it's still very constant and I'm terrified of it getting worse again or staying at this level and it's just awful awful.

When I try to find information about this condition online I can't find anything that fits my condition well - usually in problems with the Eustachian tube people complain about reduced hearing and feelings of fullness in their ear, which I don't have.

I guess I'm looking for reassurance that this pain will end, or that my condition is what my doctor said, since I can't find anything about it and everything hurts and I'm trying to live my life as normal but this is all I can think about. I'm freaked out and this sucks.

Re: Eustachian Tube Dysfunction causing severe pain?? so worried, can't find any info

threads merged

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Anyone? :(

So I feel like the pain has gotten better, but I'm still having it (just milder, but still constant and annoying). But I'm also getting a weird sensation, like before you get chills. I think maybe it's related to the ears. I'm still super stressed and worried about the awful pain returning or my pain not getting any better from here :(. I know it's not rational to feel like I'm always going to feel this way, but it's been months since I felt like myself and this is really really not helping.

Any responses really appreciated

Have you considered seeing an ear, nose, and throat doctor? They may be able to better help you identify what is going on.

With your other feelings, it sounds like it could very well just be a virus, but I'm sure it's uncomfortable anyway.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I have an ENT appointment set for Friday as a a backup that I wasn't hoping not to have to go to, but probably will. It's very uncomfortable and distracting and unsettling and nothing seems to make it better, which is what is concerning me most, especially because it's now been two weeks and I don't have the classic symptoms of what I was previously diagnosed with. I'm just worried the ENT will say the same thing and I will continue to have no relief.

I thought my ears might be getting better, but the pain today is worse than yesterday. I am totally mentally exhausted and do not believe I will ever be pain-free again. It's so difficult to do any task with this pain.

:(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information