Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Titles - please be considerate to other members

Thread Titles - please be considerate to other members

Hi all

Please can we be considerate to other members (and non-members browsing NMP) when we give our threads a title.

I am currently looking at some changes to the NMP forum due to some recent feedback and comments and one thing that is mentioned a lot is the thread titles.

There are a lot of threads stating things like "I have cancer", "I am going to die", "I have a brain tumour", "I can't live anymore" and these are on the whole untrue, unfounded and just a reaction to a symptom.

I appreciate that members may feel like this but as an outsider looking at the forum it is (to quote)

"all doom and gloom"
    "depressing"
    "too medical and nothing to do with panic/anxiety"
    "more of a medical diagnosis site than a panic site"

So please can we think before we post and rephrase the title appropriately.

Thank You.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Thread Titles - please be considerate to other members

I have received a few hostile replies to my PM as the members thought it was aimed at them personally and this message was sent to all members and was not targetting any member in particular.

The comments made above were from members/non-members explaining why they have left NMP or joined and then left not long afterwards.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I think the problem is that nothing can please everybody all the time ~ or even some of the time! NMP suits me perfectly because I suffer from HA and can totally relate to posters terrified and panicking out of their minds that 'the end is nigh'. I appreciate other panickers don't panic about their health and wouldn't relate to this. It's a tricky one! If I've ever posted an alarmist title I apologise and certainly won't do so again. I would hate to think I'd put someone off this wonderful site.
    It's certainly very difficult (impossible?) to cater to everybody's needs and requirements! xx

Thank you for highlighting this issue. As a sufferer of medical anxiety the alarmist titles have really caused me problems! Hope I can use the site more often now. Cheers.

Well done Nicola.

you did right nic
    god bless

you did right nicola god bless you lots of love celticlass xxxxxx

yes, well done for saying so. Though have to admit.... I had a right old panic when I read the email - I thought "oh no, what have I done now!?" quickly logged in to check my postings to see what I'd said wrong but then was super relieved to see the general thread here! lol! some kind of cbt going on there methinks!

Quote Originally Posted by littleredhen View Post
    yes, well done for saying so. Though have to admit.... I had a right old panic when I read the email - I thought "oh no, what have I done now!?" quickly logged in to check my postings to see what I'd said wrong but then was super relieved to see the general thread here! lol! some kind of cbt going on there methinks!
    Haha not the only one :P x

Quote Originally Posted by littleredhen View Post
    Yeah that was my reaction too, was worried!
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information