Thread: MH Walks!!

MH Walks!!

Hi Folks second walk this Sunday just gone ended up at West Port Lake with my dog!! about 7 went, weather not too bad, The good thing is any one can join and it's a mixed bunch of members some have MH conditions. others don't The walks you just turn up uless there are based in London where you will need to register first. The Walk Leader is going away in Aug so I have volunteered to run Aug's walk for the group so this will be a exciting challenge never done anything like this before so it's all good Here's the website: www.mentalhealthmates.co.uk/walks there are quite a few walks in the uk or even set one up in your area. It beats sitting in and can help you get out of a rut too it has me Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 18-07-17 at 12:10.

Re: MH Walks!!

Well done to you Dave, it sounds really positive, and good luck with your route challenge

Cath

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine S View Post
    Well done to you Dave, it sounds really positive, and good luck with your route challenge

Cath
    It is very benifical the actual running a walk is fairly easy already planned the route Mind you 6 months ago I wouldn't have entertained anything like this. would have just sat at home bored in my silly little world cause that's what it was, I totally see that now. Cheers

Well Done Bigboy. hope all goes well for you and your group

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Well Done Bigboy. hope all goes well for you and your group
    Thank you Magic

Well after a late night last night and it was late nearly 3am and a small Whisky lol I finally woke at 10 am, didn't panic lol. And got to the start of walk a few where already there and I said we will wait 10 mins to see if any one else turned up said a few things etc and somethings I couldn't remember and we started to walk I decided to go the scenic route by crossing small bridge and you appear to be in the country side it's just like that but infact you aren't lol but you get the pic greenery every where and that's it you could see any houses any way did about a slow mile and as we were turning round to make our way back for a coffee at the local supermarket a member said we only live 2 mins way all come back for a drink and cakes so we did lol all home made too

Any way got talking to a Guy who didn't really say much at the start of the walk but had a good convo with him all the way back Yay All in all about 8 turned up including my new house mate and his dog and my dog and 3 more dogs one was a small staffy all brown a rescue dog that had been badly treated and was so adorable it had a clef pallet so looked a bit dangerous when it opened it's mouth but it was a gentle soul,a runt too so about as small as my Nipper but may be a bit smaller. So achieved it folks it's amazing what one can do if you are prepared to step out of your comfort zone which I am glad I did Thanks for reading Cheers

Great stuff Dave. Sounds like another good walk today, and getting to know more people from your own neck of the woods. I didn't know you'd managed to get a new housemate so that's good news too, I hope it goes well for the future...it all helps to clear our minds and puts our worries into perspective.

Small steps leading to bigger steps leading to life back on track

Cath x

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine S View Post
    Great stuff Dave. Sounds like another good walk today, and getting to know more people from your own neck of the woods. I didn't know you'd managed to get a new housemate so that's good news too, I hope it goes well for the future...it all helps to clear our minds and puts our worries into perspective.

Small steps leading to bigger steps leading to life back on track

Cath x
    It was a good walk but tiring just wondering if I have a vitiamin deficiency B6 or B12 had thyroid checked and blood tests and all normal, And a new lodger to boot he has lovely dog so the house is full now, no room in the inn lol It really does help clear my mind in many ways seems quite big steps too totally feel a different person form 6 months ago Thanks Cath X Cheers

Thread Information