Thread: Hope this helps some people...

Hope this helps some people...

Hi,

This is the first time I've visited here in a LONG time and thought people might find comfort in my story.

Last April I had, what is obvious now, a complete physical and psychological breakdown. My symptoms were numerous, I had permanent headaches, full body tremors, stomach pains, perceived weaknesses, muscle twitching, buzzing sensations, electrical sensations in my head, lack of appetite, constipation, rapid weight loss, and these all happened at once and were acute over around a 6 month period.

Safe to say I was terrified, I thought I was dying and everyday the disease would change. All the good stuff like Brain Tumours, MND/ALS, CJD, all the Cancers etc.

I went to multiple doctors, A&Es, private neurologists basically the works and came away every time with no answer beyond anxiety, and every time it happened I was just so frustrated, worried and upset.

I started seeing a therapist around this time last year, I cannot put it in to words how much this helped me. He brilliantly was able to rationalise all my concerns and logically break them down. Got me to talk about things and it was incredible.

I know its really hard to believe, but anxiety really can and does cause EVERYTHING you can possibly think of. The body is complex piece and the brain has an incredible control over it, if you're worried about something then your body will react to it. Also, time is a great healer, it has been extremely helpful in my case.

I'm not sure if my post really has any purpose other than to, hopefully,
    somewhat alleviate peoples current fears.

I was as low as you can get when it all went terrible, I mean I was having dark thoughts every day and my symptoms were just so pronounced. Now they are all gone....

Yours will go too.

Re: Hope this helps some people...

Am so very pleased for you, Colicab85. You have obviously worked very hard to get better with appropriate therapy and must feel totally liberated now.

Thank you for sharing your story and I'm sure it will inspire and encourage others on here.

Thanks for sharing! Always good to hear,
    Best wishes to you !

Great to hear. I remember your posts last year as I was going through an ALS HA episode. I eventually got through it also... it took a few months along with therapy and meds.

Unfortunately my HA has returned a year later... I have moved onto another disease. Working my way through this one too...

I'm so pleased to hear you're better. Your story almost mirrors what I'm experiencing and it's given me hope.

I've had general anxiety and agoraphobia on and off for 5 years but then 6 weeks ago I started having veey high anxiety and panic attacks. Panic would hit so hard I'd shake, fast heart, hot flush to face etc... But I feel all day very ill.

Every day I wake with a horrid dread in my stomach, I feel sick and am on the toilet with upset bowels at least twice a day. I feel sick all the time and can't eat much food. I've post weight because of that. I shake, feel weak, dizzy, light headed at times, feel so drained I've been struggling to even function at home. I've been bed ridden alot these last 6 weeks. I'm so overwhelmed with life that I can even cry if I have to wash my hair or shower. In the early weeks I'd have a panic attack washing my hair.

Things are improving slowly. The panic attacks are less severe and less frequent but I have general anxiety all the time. I'm hypervigilent to every body sensation. Last night for example my ears felt full and hissing and my chest heavy, it triggered bad panic and I lay shaking, hot face etc.. For about half an hour then it went but it left me weak. I then worry why, what's wrong with me, am I ill,. Is it this or that....

It's made me so low and I cry a lot. I'm a mum and wife so feel guilt being this way especially near Christmas.

I reached out to a therapist this week, useless.and a bad experience. My husband and friends were appalled at her. Her advice was awful and she was so rude and cut me off as soon as my 50 minutes was over with no goodbye.

Thank you for posting aa this gives me hope. I thought I was the only person to be so effected physically so bad. I've felt so unwell every day for 6 weeks because of all the adrenaline and upset. My husband has had to cook and clean after work most days and I've felt so guilty for that. He works all week so shouldn't come home to cook for us or take cere or that house but that's how bad I've felt.

Lep

Quote Originally Posted by Lepidolite View Post
    I'm so pleased to hear you're better. Your story almost mirrors what I'm experiencing and it's given me hope.

I've had general anxiety and agoraphobia on and off for 5 years but then 6 weeks ago I started having veey high anxiety and panic attacks. Panic would hit so hard I'd shake, fast heart, hot flush to face etc... But I feel all day very ill.

Every day I wake with a horrid dread in my stomach, I feel sick and am on the toilet with upset bowels at least twice a day. I feel sick all the time and can't eat much food. I've post weight because of that. I shake, feel weak, dizzy, light headed at times, feel so drained I've been struggling to even function at home. I've been bed ridden alot these last 6 weeks. I'm so overwhelmed with life that I can even cry if I have to wash my hair or shower. In the early weeks I'd have a panic attack washing my hair.

Things are improving slowly. The panic attacks are less severe and less frequent but I have general anxiety all the time. I'm hypervigilent to every body sensation. Last night for example my ears felt full and hissing and my chest heavy, it triggered bad panic and I lay shaking, hot face etc.. For about half an hour then it went but it left me weak. I then worry why, what's wrong with me, am I ill,. Is it this or that....

It's made me so low and I cry a lot. I'm a mum and wife so feel guilt being this way especially near Christmas.

I reached out to a therapist this week, useless.and a bad experience. My husband and friends were appalled at her. Her advice was awful and she was so rude and cut me off as soon as my 50 minutes was over with no goodbye.

Thank you for posting aa this gives me hope. I thought I was the only person to be so effected physically so bad. I've felt so unwell every day for 6 weeks because of all the adrenaline and upset. My husband has had to cook and clean after work most days and I've felt so guilty for that. He works all week so shouldn't come home to cook for us or take cere or that house but that's how bad I've felt.

Lep
    My goodness this is me all over! I just feel ill every day and so much guilt. It's horrible but it comforts.me.to know im.not alone and that there is hope from the op. Let's hope we can brat this horrible Illness.

Thread Information