Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe the first person here to correctly diagnose myself

Re: Maybe the first person here to correctly diagnose myself

I’m not trying to disprove you. I’m trying to stop you from catastophizing as you were doing earlier. There is no reason to go down the road of despair until you know exactly what you’re dealing with. You have to stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by ariana95 View Post
    I really don't understand why people are trying to disprove me on this. My dr said I have all of the classical symptoms and the fact that they've been ongoing for 7 months (which is recorded by my GP) is also in favour of such a diagnosis. He said the only other explanation could just be that it is "just one of those things" where the body malfunctions for no reason but that is very uncommon (so is PPMS at 22 I said). I'm praying there's nothing wrong but I really can't see that happening. People on here get all kinds of sympathy when they're frightened of MS because they wake up with a numb hand after having slept on it funny. Whereas here I am with a genuine concern and there are people who think I'm being dramatic. Some site this is

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

Why should "being far from diagnosis" make this any less worrying? I'm living with these symptoms everyday
    Hang on no one on here has said your being dramatic people are trying to comfort you and make you feel positive i understand your worried about ms as am i thats the thing that i think i have aswell but theres no need to be arsy with people on here who are trying to give you advice

I'm really not. I'm just sick of people telling me it's fine when I know it's not and my doctors know it's not. If it's not MS it's something bad

Ariana - I truly apologize, I didn't mean to sound dismissive of your symptoms. Whatever you are going through right now is understandably very concerning to you. I think any of us would panic if our doctor said to us what yours said to you.

I just did a little googling on PPMS as I'm not very familiar with this particular form of MS. I probably didn't find anything out that you haven't already seen though a couple things did stand out. The first being your age, it's extremely unlikely for someone to have it at the young age of 22. The second thing is that you must have a year of progressively worsening symptoms. That's a full year, not seven months.

I know when I am thinking I have some dreaded disease I try to find some ray of hope and I'm trying to offer you a bit of that as I believe others are. There are other symptoms that go along with PPMS that you didn't mention. And as your doctor said it might just be one of those things that happen for no reason. And that isn't at all that uncommon as lots here can attest to.

I know I often convince myself I have the worst case scenario to "prepare" myself for the diagnosis. That way when I'm told I have cancer, ALS, heart disease or whatever I can be prepared. And I get muffed at people who try to tell me I don't have what I think I do and I'm perfectly healthy so I can understand why you say what you did.

I'm praying for peace in your heart as you wait for the next step towards your diagnosis.

I am sorry if anyone has tried to invalidate you. Try to stay realistic-you may have something but you may not. You *cannot* diagnose yourself. You have to get tests and let the doctors do it for you. I had never heard of CMT before--it was not on my mind as the most likely possibility. Your doctor said something was "possible" but he didn't give you a diagnosis. Please hang in there and wait.

Sorry everyone I'm just frightened out of my mind. The thought of a steady decline makes me want to kill myself. How has this happened to me. I'm praying I get well soon

Well I figured you didn’t want people saying you don’t have it so I didn’t say that. I just said that you would probably deal with it better than you think. This is based on my own experiences. I have had a couple of “real” health scares this year, however, they did not turn out to be serious. I found I was quite calm throughout those periods. Unlike all the other times when it was all due to anxiety. I’m not sure what you want people to say.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

If you asked me if I think your symptoms are due to anxiety then I would say almost certainly. Does that mean I don’t believe you have MS? No but you are on a health anxiety board and there must be a reason for that.

I wish my symptoms were due to anxiety. It's possible to have a health condition and anxiety at the same time. I just give up

How are you doing? I'm so sorry you have to go through this

Quote Originally Posted by angelasun View Post
    How are you doing? I'm so sorry you have to go through this
    I'm really scared :( my mum keeps shouting at me because I'm stressing her out and she thinks there's nothing wrong with me. I really hope there isn't or she'll feel so guilty

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information