Thread: An interesting way I looked at my health anxiety today...

An interesting way I looked at my health anxiety today...

So I wrote a post earlier about having a strange feeling like I was about to faint - I've felt odd since then, funnily enough my sinuses have been killing me so I think it's all related to some congestion in my ears/sinuses that it happened...hey, looked at me rationalising things?!

Anyway! I had a bit of a moment today walking to and from the doctors. My Grandad passed away in February, I felt so scared today that I just spoke out loud and said "Grandad, please just give me a sign that I'm okay" - I find comfort in speaking to him sometimes.

I walked into the doctors surgery and I looked and saw one of his old friends, it just seemed like a strange but comforting sign. I hadn't seen this man since my Grandads funeral and there he was, and it just made me feel okay.

Then on the way back I thought about something I hadn't in a while. I always used to see white feathers when I felt bad, I would take that as a sign that my Grandad was there looking after me. I haven't seen any in a while, I realised it's because I stopped looking.

Then I was like IS THIS ANOTHER SIGN......that I stopped looking, so I stopped seeing. This could be translated into a way of looking at my health anxiety, stop looking and I'll stop feeling, I'll stop worrying, I'll STOP.

It hit me and I again felt comforted and okay for a moment. Maybe I will look at it this way, if I stop looking for reasons to feel unwell, eventually I will stop.

I'm trying to tell myself to wake up tomorrow and have a good day...and maybe I'll see a little white feather.

Re: An interesting way I looked at my health anxiety today...

Great post. Looking for signs from the Universe or God or a lost loved one or whatever it might be can definitely give you hope and help you through tough times.
    There has been a few times where I have been utterly hopeless with no strength to carry on then I will see a sign that to me is too much of a coincidence and it gives me belief to carry on.
    I hope you have that good day tomorrow, if you believe you will then you will

I love the way you are thinking. I did that early last year (2016) I had an MRI done and I was waiting on the results. I was latching to anything that made me feel positive about it. I was driving to the grocery store and kept seeing white butterflies and I immediately took it a sign from God that the results were going to be good.... and they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotagetthroughthis View Post
    Great post. Looking for signs from the Universe or God or a lost loved one or whatever it might be can definitely give you hope and help you through tough times.
    There has been a few times where I have been utterly hopeless with no strength to carry on then I will see a sign that to me is too much of a coincidence and it gives me belief to carry on.
    I hope you have that good day tomorrow, if you believe you will then you will

It really does! When I was at my darkest time this year I would see white feathers float out of no where, whenever me and my mum spoke, a feather would float outside the window, amazing!

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    I love the way you are thinking. I did that early last year (2016) I had an MRI done and I was waiting on the results. I was latching to anything that made me feel positive about it. I was driving to the grocery store and kept seeing white butterflies and I immediately took it a sign from God that the results were going to be good.... and they were.
    That is amazing, so lovely to hear and I am glad everything turned out okay! I would like to think I can take these signs and use it as my strength. I feel signs like these are much stronger than the thing in our heads trying to drag us down!

Thread Information