Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline-Stomach Ache??

Sertraline-Stomach Ache??

Hi Guys....I really need some advice....I'm on day 7 of sertraline and my stomach is so bloated and sore,it's so uncomfortable. I've spoken to my GP who said that it is 'probably' the tablets....but I'm worring about what this medciation is doing to my insides,my stomach really doesn't like it! I don't know what to do...It may just need time to get into my system properly,I get that,but I'm feeling so uncomfortable. I'm back at the doctors a week today,I'm just hoping that by then,it will have settled down.

Has anyone else had the same symptoms whilst on these meds...any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you xx

Re: Sertraline-Stomach Ache??

Sorry to hear you suffering with your tummy. What do the Side effects say on the leaflet?

I have got these but too scared to start them how are you feeling apart from the bloating? xx

Cathy xx

Thanks Cathy. I feel quite light headed at the moment. The first few days,I suffered with nausea and an annoying headache,but that's passed now. It's just this annoying stomach pain. It's driving me mad!!!

Yes my tummy was awful for the first few weeks - but I could deal with it as I knew it would pass along with the light head, sickness I had. I have now got to roughly 4 months on Sertraline and it has changed my life... seriously! last week I took my son to London on a train in rush hour to visit the museums. It does take time so give it a chance to work... mine started to work around 10 weeks. Good luck

Thank You Ambers! That sounds very positive.....WOW....I'm so pleased for you hun! Well,I hope I can stick on it.... I wwill certainly try my best and I feel a little better,that you also had the same symptoms as me!

Take Care and keep well !! xx

It is great to hear success on a antidepressent.

Ambers what time of the day do you take it and what dose you on. And I had horendous SE on prozaac and had to stop after 31 days.

Do you think the SE on Sertraline are ok ie bearable?

Cathy xx

Cathy - I am on 50mg per day. I take it 4pm...

I tried Fluoexine first and came off at 3 weeks after awful side effects inc mania. Sorry cant write much as keyboard sticking - but will come back later if you have any more Q's.

Thanks Ambers. I am on 50mg also. I took mine this morning. I am not feeling hungry but then my nerves make me feel like this also. I took my first pil today. I seem to have a windy tummy. like empty but I dont want to eat. my son is bringing a chinese in after work so may nibble on that.

I also got a headach just across my forhead. nothing too bad. I just want to eat. lol.

Will keep intouch I am so glad it is going well for you.

Cathy xx

it gave me headaches at first. i never got the stomach and nausia thing, but my doc said that may happen. so its probably common for upset tummies.... x

Thank you Yogi.... Well it's day 7 today! And.....drum roll please.....NO TUMMY ACHE!!!! Whoooo Hooooo !!! I think I've turned a corner! Physically anyway! LOL !

Thanks for the comments everyone! xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information