Thread: Dosage

Dosage

Is it possible that your gp would up the dosage of my diazepam as I have been on 3 5mg tablets for the last 3 years also I buy 10mg of the street which I know come from the chemist I need some advice please

Re: Dosage

Hi you need to go back to your Dr ASAP and tell him what you have just told us,, do you realise that by buying meds off the street you could be getting anything including maybe sweetners or worse it could be anything,your Dr want increase your diazepam I wouldn't imagine as they are very addictive,hasnt he offered you anything else to wean you off the diazepam.

Diazepam is a benzodiazepine drug, and as such does have addictive properties. Buying off the street is a dangerous habit, as you are increasing your dosage from the prescribed amount to a much higher dose. There are adverse effects from being on a high dose of diazepam for a prolongued period of time, such as amnesia, sedation and dependence. And, as AlexandriaUK said, when you buy off the street you can NEVER be sure of what you are getting, even if it is in a packet. I cannot reiterate the dangers of trading benzodiazepines on the street enough. You should definitely visit your GP to discuss this. They may be able to prescribe you with something more effective so that you do not need to be seeking diazepam from the street.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I currently take 5mg of Diazepam 3xdaily, prescribed by my psychiatrist, after speaking with my psychiatrist he has told me the recommended maximum dose for anxiety and panic disorder is between 15-30mg a day, unless prescribed by a psychiatrist a generap Dr wont go above 10-15mg.

As for buying it off the street
    1. it's illegal and in the UK is a calss A drug
    2. unless you see someone get it from the pharmacy you dont know your definitly getting diazepam
    3. I know people do it but upping your dosage without consent or help from your doctors or psych is really silly and dangerous, the reason your monitored on your doses is at higher doses some people become a danger to themselves, i.e clumsiness, co-ordination issues, depression (diazepam at high doses can add to your depression not help it)

I really think you should get back to your dr asap and discuss this with him/her..... buying more to aid your dependancy on the med is the 1st classic sign of dependance and addiction, physical or mental it needs to be addressed by a professional.

i am not being mean but being on benzos on and off for 15 yrs i know the problems that can come with them.

good luck and do the right thing xx
    Mirtazapine 30mg evening
    Temazepam 20mg nightly
    Diazepam 5mg x 3 daily

Currently surfing the anxiety wave

Thread Information