Thread: Bright Red face

Bright Red face

:(:(:(

Does anyone else get this......

Even when Im cold and everyone else is shivering, my face and chest are bright red and very hot....(like a turkey cock my Gran calls it -how pleasant) and it really gets to me..feeding into my issues about health, pending heart attacks or strokes etc etc.................

My only reprieve seems to be for a short while after starting taking Beta Blockers...

possibly this is just a case of me focusing less on it,,,dunno.

Anyway, be interested to hear if anyone else finds this a problem/ issue.

Hope you are all doing okay xxxxx JO

I get the hot/red face thing too.Always mkes me think my BP is high but when I check it's OK. I think it's just an anxiety thing
    Phill

Hi Jo,
    My face doesn't get red, but my body will get hot all over when I am in a panic attack. My husband says that I get so hot, he has to move away from me when we are sleeping. It is sooo strange because I take my temperature and there is no fever. WEIRD!! Anyway, I think it must have something to do with the adrenaline rush involved in panicking.
    Nice one, Gran! LOL!
    Have a good week!
    Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

I am permanently hot throughout the year.

I have never associated it with anything in particular so not sure what causes it but I have a real hate of the heat and hot weather.

I am overweight and do have high blood pressure (controlled by medication) so not sure if they are related or not.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Jo

I quite often get a face that looks like I've been out in the sun too long... even when I haven't been outside at all. Also the feeling of being too hot, again as if slightly sunburnt but also feeling generally cooked as if the heating is switched on.

Seems to reduce if I busy myself with something, so put it down to anxiety - and as you say when you focus less it seems to reduce.

Annoys my partner coz I go and open the patio door to try to cool down a bit and she freezes. No happy medium.

Hope you cool down soon...

Jon

Thanks everyone, I do put it down to anxiety, but even when I dont feel anxious?????

I totally agree. I've tried defining "Feeling anxious" to myself but can't do it. I can be just sitting watching TV or reading a book, seemingly relaxed and then for no apparent reason the symptoms kick in (wallop!) - whichever my body decides to thow at me, whether it be the prickly heat feeling, shakes, headache... you all know the rest.

I can only put it down to the stuff that continually goes around in the subconscious rears its ugly head some times for no apparent reason.

Thanks Jon, I guess you are right, we dont always know whats going on down in the muddy depths eh!!!!

Cheers for your reassurance x

Thread Information