Thread: a day i the life of me. can anyone relate

a day i the life of me. can anyone relate

hi all
    so i get up in the morning and the first thing in my head is to i feel ok ? do i feel like i still have something stuck in my throat ? yep still there. i get up take my meds (thyroxine/propranolol/anti gastro) feel a little lightheaded a bit detached. i do the kids breakfast and hope my wife will take kids to school coz for some reason i just fear it not sure why. then i sit on my rear thinking this must be more than anxiety and why do i feel so seperated from my former self how can i get back. i muddle through the day most of the time my health and feeling just odd consume my mind. feeling guilty that my wife does so much and i do so little. before long its time for bed so its time for meds again (20mg amitryprtine/anti gastro)
    and prepear for a night of wakeing feeling odd stomach churning feeling generaly odd.
    when the hell will this pass ? do i need different meds ? will this ever go away?

Re: a day i the life of me. can anyone relate

I can relate, except my health anxiety is very heart focused. Anxiety is VERY tricky. Meds won't do 100% of the work, they will help a bit but some of it you have to do for yourself. I take propranolol to help the physical effects but just taking it alone isn't enough to get yourself out of anxiety.

In my experience, beating anxiety means facing your fears. I hate exercising cuz my heart goes fast and I HATE exercising when I'm alone in the house because, in my mind, if I start to have a heart attack no one would be around to help me and it would mean certain death. I faced it head on today and I feel great for it! I didn't have a heart attack either! When I first got health anxiety I didn't leave the house for 3 months solid cuz I was convinced if I left the house I'd die. I threw myself into the deep end and went to a Lady GaGa concert standing and since then I havn't really been afraid to go out!

You need to make a change. It can be as simple as going out and walking to the end of the street then walking back again or doing housework, anything to keep your mind busy and your body active. You'll start to feel the benefit! Have you tried looking into CBT therapy aswell? It helps you change your pattern of thinking too. You could mention it to your GP and see what he says next time you go and until then, you could get a book that's based on it to get a start into it. It really is a help.

With hard work and a little faith anxiety CAN be beaten. xx

I'm exactly the same. Got a major fear of the school run. I worry I'm going to faint or have a heart attack at the wheel or pass out in the playground. I usually HAVE to do it though as there is only me but this still doesn't make any difference the next time. I even ask friends to come with me on the proviso that my son would love it if they picked him up. Isn't that terrible....really I just want someone to be with me in case I die

its not nice to hear others are suffering but reasuring that im not alone.
    what about upcoming events does anyone else dread them ? like christmas for example me my wife and kids are going to my parents and im nervous. these are my parents who i love dearly for god sake why am i nervous about it ?

Yep. I missed my Grandmas birthday 4th Nov because I was having a paticularly anxious phase. I regret it LOADS I feel extremely guilty after all the stuff she's done for me in my life despite having MS. It's just damn anxiety getting the better of me again.

It's a lot to do with comfort zones. Are you scared of traveling there? Being there all day? Are you scared somethings going to happen to you? Try and pinpoint exactly what you're afraid of if you can. That way you can adress the problem much easier. For example, if you're scared of something happening to you while you're there just think, "what a safe place to be! With all my family around me!" Try to replace the negative/scary thoughts with positive/happy ones. Of course that was just an example I'm not trying to tell you what you're worrying about! xx

I'm constantly body scanning......I do it first thing in the morning and through out the day....It's awful!! What a way to live.....

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFace View Post
    I hate exercising cuz my heart goes fast and I HATE exercising when I'm alone in the house because, in my mind, if I start to have a heart attack no one would be around to help me and it would mean certain death.
    I felt the need to answer this.

Do you know what they want and make you do after a heart attack?

Yup - exercise. Why? cos it is the most effective and best thing to make the heart stronger. So whilst you are worrying about doing exercise you are actually doing more harm by not exercising than by doing it

Go out and keep that exercise up and you will prevent rather than bring on a heart problem

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nicola, that's really REALLY reassuring lol. xx

Thread Information