Thread: Urgent advice needed escitalopram short use taper

Urgent advice needed escitalopram short use taper

Please help me decide how to taper off of escitalopram again, as it hasn't helped my severe OCD intrusive thoughts.

I have been on it approx 9 weeks. Doc told me to taper off if it over a 1 week period to go on sertraline, but I don't think I want to be on another SSRI. So, am wanting to taper off of it altogether.

I was on 10 mg for 5 weeks and went up to 20 mg for about 3 and a half weeks.

I then cut to 15 mg for a couple of days and 3 days ago I dropped down to 10 mg.

I want off without horrible withdrawals. I am trying to accept that what I have is truly ocd and stop avoidance to get better.

Please advise how to get off escitalopram quickly without experiencing withdrawals.

Re: Urgent advice needed escitalopram short use taper

Unfortunately there is no easy way. What works for one may not for another exactly the same as start up effects. All I can say is that I was on Cit from 2004 until around 2008/9 & really cut my dosage very slowly over aperiod of 2 months or so. The only effects were momentary head shocks, like a short buzz. These do dissapear. Good luck with whatever you do but do listen to your Doc.

Re: Urgent advice needed escitalopram short use taper

Hello I just came off lexapro last Saturday. I was on 10mg and I then I went down to 5mg
    Then what I did was skip a day then take 5mg then skip 2 days. This changes the brain so that you can go longer and longer off it with limited withdrawal
    Can I ask you why you won't go near SSRI again?

Thread Information