Thread: Chest Ct scan with contrast exposure

Chest Ct scan with contrast exposure

Had a chest Ct with contrast and had lower back x ray in the within the last two years and feel so worried about my radiation exposure from these. Feel the tests weren't really necessary and both times doctors just being cautious, but as i've been so anxious i had tests done anyway. now I regret having them done. Have a baby under 1 and feel so stupid and guilty as fear I May have now increased my chance of problems down the line. I worry more as im in my early 30's, slim, female and odds are bigger for any effect from the radiation. If anyone could offer advice, i'd be grateful

Re: Chest Ct scan with contrast exposure

I posted this on another thread about the same fear....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm a stage IV head and neck cancer survivor. I had chemo and guess what else? Yep... Radiation! I had radiation on my neck 5 days a week for 6 weeks. 30 treatments. Enough radiation to burn the skin off my neck and turn my throat into a swollen mess rendering me unable to eat and requiring a feeding tube for a month during recovery. Ohhh... before each radiation treatment, I had a CT scan when they pinned my head to the table with a fiberglass mask so they could make any adjustments to the radiation beams before each treatment. That's 30 CT scans and radiation treatments in 6 weeks. That's not even counting the x rays, CT scans, PET scans and MRIs before, during and afterwards. Add to my personal experience that there is not one documented case of any type of cancer attributable to scans and your thoughts and posting this on an anxiety forum? I rest my case

Getting help with the real illness you do have would be the most beneficial approach to alleviating your symptoms and fears.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you for your reply.

It would take a lot of radiation to do anything.

You are fine

Regardless of what anyone says, ionazing radiation can do bad things especially to our ovaries and eggs! I am also very thing and young female, they did 4 ct scans on me with contrast in 1 day!!!! Turned out it was just muscules pain, I was perfectly healthy. I noticed the change right away and it's been 6 months and I am suffering from kidney damage that contrast caused to me. I know it may sound like anxiety but it's true. Because I am so skinny and my volume is very low, I had perfect kidneys now they are damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleina View Post
    Regardless of what anyone says, ionazing radiation can do bad things especially to our ovaries and eggs! I am also very thing and young female, they did 4 ct scans on me with contrast in 1 day!!!! Turned out it was just muscules pain, I was perfectly healthy. I noticed the change right away and it's been 6 months and I am suffering from kidney damage that contrast caused to me. I know it may sound like anxiety but it's true. Because I am so skinny and my volume is very low, I had perfect kidneys now they are damaged.
    And I'm still here 6 years later. Side effects from treatment? For sure. But it's better than the alternative. Way to stoke fear into many sufferers Do you have scientific medical proof that the scans caused the issue? If you do, please post it.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information