Thread: An Interesting Fluoxetine Question?

An Interesting Fluoxetine Question?

I was on prozac for more than 20 years for panic disorder. 20mg, except when I'd have a relapse then up to 40. Four months ago I had a major relapse and my GM insisted I switch to "something less stimuating" I was eventually changed to celexa and put on klonopin and ambien for sleep. After 11 weeks on celexa, 5 at 40 mgs. the psychiatrist decided it wasn't working, gave me the genesight genetic test, and switched me back to prozac. I spent 2 weeks on 20mg, and then when the genesight test results came back showing prozac was and effective medication for me he immediately raised me to 40 mg. So here's my question. Do I consider myself back on prozac 3 weeks (2 at 20, 1 at 40), or do I consider just the first week at 40. Side effects so far include twitching muscles, inceeased anxiety in the early afternoon (I take the med in the morning). dull headache, and some morning upset stomach. Do I think of them as week 1 side effects, Eor week 3 side effects. Either way the klonopin and ambien are keeping me functional at work.Then fall apart like a cheap suit once I'm home. So I guess is the quick increase to 40 mg. considered my start?

Re: An Interesting Fluoxetine Question?

You have to look at what is going on your blood plasma. For the first two weeks it was working towards steady-state at 20mg but the 3rd week meant it increased to 40mg. It will still take as long as it takes to reach steady-state, which is just over a month for this med, but it won't be 40mg's of steady-state until that 4 weeks has passed.

Re: An Interesting Fluoxetine Question?

Thanks for the reply. Must be why he wanted to see me again after 4 weeks on 40. Just wondering what are week 1 side effects and week 3 side effects.

Thread Information