Thread: 16 and convinced I'm dying

16 and convinced I'm dying

Hi, I'm really scared at the moment because I have a pain on the left side of my rib cage. When I feel on the left side it feels really tender and it feels like there are lymph nodes there because there are some really small moveable lumps there. My mum went to the doctors the other for an appointment of her own and she asked about me and the doctor said I was fine but I'm having trouble believing this. I'm convinced I'm dying of c-. I'm seeing a psychologist for my health anxiety because it's so bad. I should be enjoying my life I'm 16

Re: 16 and convinced I'm dying

Hello Michy,

Are you sure the pain isn't from you poking and prodding so much?

You can write the word cancer. It's simply a collection of letters, nothing more. Oh and it's a star sign too if you believe in all that nonsense.

You're right, you should be enjoying your life at 16. Wish I was 16 again, I certainly wouldn't waste all those years worrying about my health again.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Hi I know your pain, I suffer from health anxiety too and I always have done. I've been having worries about lymph nodes too lately, just not in the same region as you, the ones that worry me are in my neck.

You are right, you should be care free at your age. Health anxiety sucks. I am sure its nothing serious at all and from what I have read, movable lumps in general usually suggest a benign (non-cancerous/nothing to worry about) condition. Its good you are seeing a psychologist for your health anxiety, you shouldn't have to live with the constant worry of your health when there is no good reason to. Wish you well.

Thread Information