Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just started taking these

Just started taking these

I'm told you need to take them straight after or during a meal but does it need to be at the exact same time each day? I've been taking them straight after breakfast so far but if I have a bad night the time I have breakfast sometimes differs so is it a big deal if there's an hour or two difference from one day to the next?

Thanks.

Re: Just started taking these

No, you will be fine.

I've varied both Citalopram and Duloxetine by hours with no issues. Both of these have much shorter half lives than Fluoxetine and longer half lives mean slower distribution so it's less of an issue.

What you may find is that your own anxiety causes you to worry or feel anxious for the variation but it certainly won't be the med itself.

It's best to keep it around the same times and have a good routine more so when you are still new to them. But the odd hour or so isn't going to make a difference so get some rest and recover from the bad nights.

Cheers bud. I wanted to get into a routine taking them early on with breakfast and doing it that way but then when you have a bad night it can screw with that a bit. I've just started them for anxiety (day 4) so here's hoping for a positive difference!

Just sat eating breakfast and a feeling of what I can only describe as dread washed over me for a good minute or two. Ordinarily even with my anxiety I wouldn't feel like that at random, could this be the effect of this medication? I've had 4 days worth and today's was day number 5.

Yes, definitely. Stick with it! I'm on day 24 and having some times when I feel a bit more normal. Apparently it can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to work. My morning anxiety is pretty bad and I feel a little calmer at night.

Yes, if you start to notice new symptoms when you start these meds, it's likely they are the reason.

Each day it is building up in your blood plasma until it reaches steady-state. For this med, it takes just over a month.

Hi No Imagination

I'm on day 35 of taking Fluoxetine 20mg for anxiety, the first time I've ever taken any AD and I've definitely felt strange at times over the last few weeks. I've also unfortunately some times felt more panicky or for longer than before I stated taking the pills. Week 3 & 4 were probably my worst.

However as Terry has said above these feelings are probably down to the medication, rather than my illness. I can also say that I'm just now getting periods of the day where my anxiety has almost completely disappeared, which feels wonderful. (I've been really bad since September 16) I take my pill in the evening after eating but whenever suits you is fine as long as you take them every day. They really do seem to take some time to work properly and some people on here suggest it's up to 12 weeks to get the full effect.

I've been trying to post my journey everyday on this thread http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...157003&page=25 It's partly a diary to remind me how I'm doing but it's also been really useful to hear updates from others going through the same journey. Good luck with yours

Quote Originally Posted by Panicer View Post
    Hi No Imagination

I'm on day 35 of taking Fluoxetine 20mg, the first time I've ever taken any AD. I've definitely felt strange at times over the last few weeks. I've also unfortunately felt more panicky at times than before I stated taking them. Week 3 & 4 were probably the worst.
    Yeah, the side effects ramp up again around that mark from what I've read.

I've seen a fair few threads by people saying they've hit that wall but they get through the other side and it reduces. Hang in there, you are about through the period now.

I know what you mean, I've only been on Citalopram & Duloxetine and both made me much worse until the side effects went. Duloxetine was much worse due to the adrenaline ramping my anxiety up far beyond anything I had experienced.

Thanks Terry

It's always good to hear from others that we're not the only ones going through something. I've read the same advice from others on being ready to expect bad days but that the good days should soon outweigh the bad. I'm hoping in another couple of months I'll be back to my old-self

Thanks for the all of the replies. It's great to get feedback from people who are going through or have been through the same or similar things. Much appreciated.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information