Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluoxetine- feeling "speedy"

Fluoxetine- feeling "speedy"

Hi everyone
    I have been taking fluoxetine 20mg for a couple of weeks now. My gp prescribed them after feeling quite anxious after coming off paroxetine which I was on for many years. I also take mirtazapine in the evening which helps me sleep usually. The thing is since taking them I kind of feel like I am speeding..all my senses seem heightened..I am suddenly more energised and my whole matabolism seems different(used to feel continually hungry-don't so much now). Also been having really bad anxiety to the extent had to call my doc last week who gave me couple days sleeping tabs cause my mind had gone into overdrive one night. I seem to be all over the place with my emotions..not feeling depressed, in fact the opposite,feelings of euphoria,almost like a false sense of well-being. I find I am taking propanenol to dampen these feelings..Can anyone advise/sympathise?? Seeing my gp later today.

Re: Fluoxetine- feeling "speedy"

I haven't really had the euphoric feelings, but I can definitely relate to the speedy feeling. it seems to be consensus here that it takes 12-16 weeks for majority of side effects to pass, although it can happen for some people sooner. xx

Thanks for that..be interesting to see what my gp says this afternoon.

Just an update...I have seen my gp and she has reduced my dosage of the mirtazapine..could I have been overdosing on my meds?? Also took me off propanonol and give me something else instead. Let's hope this calms me down a bit.

oh that's good that your gp has done something! what has she given you? its always difficult knowing how meds will interact with each other, I'm on quetiapine to help me sleep. its great at that, but leaves me feeling so groggy the next day! hope things start feeling more positive and comfortable for you xx

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Fluoxetine-mirt combo can be very activating so you should keep an eye on that. Think your GP was right in lowering mirt dose as it can be more activating at higher doses. Doesn't mean "overdose", just that dose needed adjusting. Hope you start to calm down and feel better now.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi everyone and thanks for your responses..As I said my gp reduced my mirtazapine to 15mg..did not sleep so well last night..she has also given me lorazepam instead of propanol..took half tab feel so much calmer..yes I know what you thinking have to careful with these..don't want rely on them..but if it's a short term fix until I get used to fluoxetine I am happy..I was buzzing off the walls before..Don't know what tomorrow will bring..I am seeing someone from "mind" first time..let's hope I get sorted..Hope you don't mind my ranting but a problem shared is a problem halved as they say and if it can help anyone else going through the same thing..goodnight to you all..let's hope we all find peace.x

Haha, its all so strange. My GP swapped me to Fluox hoping I would get the speedy feeling, but 4 months in and I am now calm but no speedy feeling, I wish there was.

Yes strange how we are all different..I have certainly levelled out a bit after taking lorazepam..see how it goes..

Hi Darkdays.
    I hope you are feeling like the bee´s knees now instead of buzzing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information