Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Support for those awaiting hospital tests-and scared !!

Support for those awaiting hospital tests-and scared !!

Hi, I wanted to start this post because I know there are a lot of us awaiting hospital tests and are scared !!

I have had problems with my boob for a while, went to docs last Friday, given a course of antibiotics (I am terrified of meds side effects but am coping with them and only slight nausea), but was referred to the breast clinic. Yesteday I got the call to go next Monday.
    I am pleased its so soon, but spent the day having periods where I just didnt know how I would cope, I don't like hospitals and it is a full days appointment involving various tests.
    I made the decision to go with my bf just so he knows which clinic I am in but then to be left, I tend to cope better without not only having to worry about myself but also who is with me ! But he will be nearby if I need a hand to hold.
    I lay in bed crying last night and as we do working out all the senarios and should I start writing letters to the children and even which rings to leave to each of them, I was sobbing quietly trying not to let the children know how I felt.

Today I got up with a renewed positiveness, (although I am crying as I write this !!). I got up, got dressd and went for a walk to he shops, good because I usually take the car.

I wanted to use this as sort of a diary for those going through the same thing, but please it is not a sympathy post, I know you all care and have helped me so much in the chat room.

This is just my way of coping with a situation that is so scary in lots of different ways and gives me and others the chance to share, vent, cry or get hugs.

Christine xx

Re: Support for those awaiting hospital tests-and scared !!

christine hun what a great thread to start. yes waiting for hospital appointments and tests is very scarey and we all need that hug and reasurance. so here is my big hug for you keep your chin up hun and stay positive, it will all be ok. but i know getting that into our heads aint easy. im thinking of you and sending you lots of positive vibes.
    best wishes
    lots of love

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great post Christine, its rubbish waiting for tests/results etc...

Keep positive sweetie and big hugs

I can and will get through this....

The last test result I had to wait for was to check for cancer in a second mole I had removed. The first one i had removed was cancerous but glad to say it didn't spread, i got very anxious waiting for the results for the second mole even though they said this one was probably fine and just removed it more just to be sure it wasn't. The wait for the results of the second mole took nearly three weeks to come through and the first one only took just under two so i was getting very worried at the time waiting for the results thinking the worst because it was taking so long. Glad to say this one was ok though but still worried though.

Christine. I know what it's like to wait for hospital test results, not only for me but for those I love and care about. Hopefully by writing it down and getting some of the worry out will make it less scary for you. I'm sure everything will be ok, and Im sending positive vibes for you and everyone else who is waiting for their results.

Let us know how you get on

xx

Pickle x

Hi Chris,

What a brilliant idea!!

You know we are all behind you- you are a wonderful lady.

Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hi, most of you know by now that the thing that gets me through anything is a good sense of humour, well today it's a good job I still have it !!
    I have not even had anything diagnosed but have been asked "What colour wig would you get if all you hair fell out ??" "Have you made a will ??" and the best one was my 17 year old daughter, who said "Can I have the house, because then I can sell it and buy a really nice apartment !!"

Luckily I saw the funny side.

Thanks for all the posts of support but where are the posts from the rest of you who are waiting like me, come on lets support each other

Christine xx

hope you manage to keep up good spirits Christine, but you can't jump to conclusions no one has said anything to you. I know it's hard, I do it myself trust me hehe

But you have to think positive! the power of positive thinking is amazing, and did you know should you have anything it can possibly be cured, seriously it's not all doom and gloom. My mom has a terrible time with her breasts and has tests regularly but she is health as an Ox...well lets all hope Ox's are generally healthy

Hope your get your tests results soon, and I hope they are in your favour. hope you can keep us update...and if you are worred about the big C did you know that kind of type has an amazing sucess rate for treatment! always look on the bright side of life.

Great post Chris and I'm really pleased you've found your own way of coping. Like you, it's my sense of humour that gets me through these tense times.

Stay positive.

Wendy xxxx

Great post Christine

It is horrible waiting for test results when it is something you are so worried about, and I think it's a brilliant idea to have a thread where people can post and receive support during that wait.

Very best of luck with your results. Keep your spirits up - laughter is definitely the best medicine!

xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information