Thread: Cant sleep woke with tight chest

Cant sleep woke with tight chest

Its 5am now. I have been up since 2.30am trying to balance if I am about to have a heart attack and die or just an un provoked PA. Shooting pains in the muscles in my chest and breast, tight skin feeling in middle of chest, indegestion, burps and that gorgeous feeling of dread that I have just grown to love.

Do I make that final video to my kids or not?

Mee

Re: Cant sleep woke with tight chest

hi meewah i was in chat on here at half 3 with same thing till my internet connection died ,its now 7.45 and i still got tightness in chest and breathlessness i not slept a wink cos of it hope you are feeling a bit better this morning

amanda xxx

Hi amandaj

Hope your ok. I am still hear but just cant stop thinking they could be warning signs that something is going to pack in. I am waiting for the next attack. Even though i had all the tests at the hospital last year I just cant accept that anxiety can cause this. My mind has taken the fact that it is one year on from my tests and that i could have developed some cardio problem since then.

Take care.

Mee

I use to (now I am on medication for it) suffer from the most agonising chest pains at night (and sometimes in the day).

The pain would go on for a few hours right through to the centre of my back. I would break out in a cold sweat it was that bad, I would also burp a lot but this didn't help. In the end I had a endoscopy and blood test to see if I had an ulcer.

I have to take Lansoprazole every day to stop it.

What I am getting at it not every chest pain is a heart attack so please don't worry.

Hi, have you read the NMP info on PA symptoms and how to handle them? It's in the main menu column-click on Panic Attacks. That's probably all it is as tightness in the chest may feel like a heart attack but isn't.But if you really feel you may have a heart problem, go and see your GP.

Thread Information