Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle that Rages in my Head

I love your post.

I struggle to get stop the arguing with my self on a daily basis it really is the worst to cope with. I just want the positive me to stay in control but that negative side dosn't give up very easy.

thank for sharing your thought's.

ive justed read that post and found it brilliaNT. THANK YOU FOR WRITING IT, NEVER EVER EVER KNEW ABOUT OTHERS GETTING THE WHITE FLASHES WHEN EYES CLOSED...I USED TO GET THIS ALL THE TIME.

i was convinced i had a bleed inside my brain after a head injury and then that one was dealt with and i went onto another and so on and so forth.......all anxiety and all just worry....

great post

thanks.

im in a constant state of anxiety, once i feel better, BOOM anxious again. this has been going on for me for the last month bigtime tho ive been suffering from panic/anxiety for almost 8 years now its getting worse latly. my head is realy up my bum daily. the battle in my head realy does effect me from doing anything at all.

Thanks for posting that. That is exactly what I have been going thru since I had my heart bypass. As soon as I awoke after the surgery I was already convinced that the surgeons had screwed something up. I have since had another angiogram as my anxiety was causing heart related symptoms that forced me to go to the emergency room with pain in one arm and shoulder (like a heart attack). The angiogram came back normal, so I KNOW the docs didn't screw up, and yet I still fight this battle everyday and night. Now I'm convinced that my heart attack caused irreversible heart damage that is gonna end any chance I'll ever have for happiness, and I'm positive I'll never be able to do anything I enjoy in life. It's a constant battle to convince myself otherwise.

Thanks so much for this brilliant post (directed to me by the incredibly intuitive Meg – thank you too) – although at times I laughed out load when reading it, it was because of the way I recognised myself in what you wrote – only difference being mine changes to whatever fits the current ‘symptoms’ I’m having (most recent was that I was diabetic heading for a sugar induced coma). It’s funny to reflect on, but nothing funny at all when you’re alone and frightened, having an argument with that stupid dumb a** devil sitting on your shoulder.

Thanks again for showing we’re not alone.

BB x

Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.

That was such a fantastic post! I wll read it again and again. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Yvonne

Y Goble

Thank you very much for writing this post, i will print it off. This is a very good example and I for one will be reading this a few times.

Well done

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Excellant example of how our negative speak gets louder... but our positive speak is stronger....

Lets hope we can all quieten the negative...

Gina

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters
    by Portia Nelson

I. I walk down the street.

There's a deep hole in the sidewalk.
    I fall in.
    I am lost.....I am helpless;
    it isn't my fault.
    It takes forever to find a way out.

II. I walk down the same street.
    There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
    I pretend I don't see it.
    I fall in again.
    I can't believe I am in the same place;
    but it isn't my fault.
    It still takes a long time to get out.

III. I walk down the same street.
    I see it is there.
    I still fall in....it's a habit.
    My eyes are open.
    I know where I am.
    It is my fault.
    I get out immediately.

IV. I walk down the same street.
    I walk around it.

V. I walk down a different street.

This post was absolutely brilliant...
    I've been reading on this forum about how people tend to panic about brain tumors...and this post hit the nail on the head for me personally. after a minor concussion 14 months ago i had an MRI preformed and was diagnosed with a low grade glioma (brain stem tumor) its very small, and ive had no clinical signs of it, other than some nice pictures from the mri. after the diagnosis is when my panic attacks hit for the first time, i wouldnt constantly argue with myself about the symptoms of death and would assure myself constantly that this was it. after going to a neurosurgeon we did several followup MRI's and it turns out that i have had a brain tumor for the majority of my life and that chances are it wont do me any harm. this is where my survivor guilt kicked in. i would think *it cant be this easy* the dr's are wrong and missed something. then the panic kicks in, and i would tell myself "see, you're dying this is it." i went to the doc's to deal with this and was diagnosed with panic disorder/GAD and since then life has been improving. the biggest steps for me have been the lifestyle aspect, I can no longer drink alcohol or caffeine, unless i would like to spend the next 30 hours with bouts of anxiety. so for all of you who geek out on gettin a brain tumor...dont worry, even that isnt a guaranteed death sentence

wow im so glad i joined here. The more i read the better i feel and i seem to understand that tiny bit more wat is happening and how to cope, THANKYOU ALL SO MUCH for just having the time to share and i hope this is helping you too xxxxxxx
    shell xx

"live each day as if it's your last, one day it will be"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information