Thread: travel Anxiety

travel Anxiety

Hello.. I'm new here and looking for advice, or at least an understanding/relating to what it is like to panic when traveling.
    I realize, now... That I wasn't clear. I am going to be traveling to visit some people that I am not close to. The last time I went there, I had a full-blown throwing up.. thought I was going to die.. need to escape, panic attack. Well, I have to go there again. I used to like to travel, but something changed. Now, I want to travel, but always cop out. I want to get over this so badly, but first, I need to get through the upcoming trip to visit relatives. I am looking for advice for the immediate and for the steps to take to get my life back and enjoy traveling again. (I suppose I should mention that my first panic attack happened on a cruise, where my friends and family where all attending. Inside cabin didn't help..)
    Thanks in advance,
    Lisa
    Last edited by LisaV; 24-02-18 at 19:26. Reason: I was not clear ....

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya LisaV and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: travel Anxiety

Morning LisaV,

Living with panic for 20 years, I can certainly relate to your situation. Traveling to places you necessarily don't want to go is never easy. Doing it why'll suffering with panic/anxiety is a bi#ch. (Forgive me language). My best advice would be to do what you already seem to be doing, getting ready to just do it.

I can recall a number of situations where I got in my truck and started down the road scared to death something was going to happen. But eventually I calmed down enough to survive the trip. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but putting one foot in front of the other is the first step. Even if you get sick and think you're making a fool of yourself.

I wish I could tell you a bright happy story of overcoming and being happy. But sometimes life is messy and we have to do things we are uncomfortable doing. LisaV, I hope this helps. I don't mean to make you feel bad or create more fear. The thing is you have to fight to get better and fighting often means getting bruised. Best to you on your journey, fight for what you want.

Thread Information