Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: At wits end with throat sensation

Re: At wits end with throat sensation

Thanks Elen. I really do hope so. Yes she said 50mg very low. So hopefully once the new dose takes effect I can kick this in to touch. It really has been the most distressing symptom I've ever had.

Good news! What a difference, seeing a nice compassionate doctor can make

Yes BikerMatt. Sometimes that's all it takes. She was empathetic but firm and confident, and left me in no doubt about her diagnosis and that rubbed off on me. Such a relief.

After a pretty good week, where I managed to really calm my anxiety, I've had a full blown mega panic attack. The full Monty, crying, shaking, tingling and feeling sick. So aware of my throat again, feeling like it will never end. I've done some relaxation and now going shopping. Just have to pick myself up, dust myself down and start all over again.

I'm sorry to hear this but you know how persistent the pesky HA thoughts can be and how much of a battle it can be to manage them and put them in their rightful place. It's a work in progress for a lot of us but you are doing absolutely the right thing and you have the knowledge and insight to succeed in keeping your anxiety in check and look on this episode as just one of those things. I hope you feel better this afternoon x

Sorry to hear this Primula.

However if you have had a good week try and think of today as a wee blip.

Recovery is never a straight path, there will be little blips on the way.

As Pulisa says you are doing totally the right thing. You go girl.

Thanks Pulisa and Elen. I know it's my anxiety making me think catastrophic things, bit it's so damned scary when it happens. I've been reading about sensorimotor ocd, where you can't get your mind off a feeling in your body, such as breathing, or in my case a sensation in the throat. It says instead of trying to make the symptom go away, pay attention to it deliberately as often as you can, so that your mind stops attaching so much importance to it. I'm going to give it a go anyway.

I've had both the breathing and the throat issues. It's like anything-focus on something which happens subconsciously and you will have problems. It's like blinking and swallowing too.

Personally focussing on my breathing is something which only triggers me even after 25 years since it first reared its head. I know we are all different though so I hope this new approach helps you, Primula

Hello Primula glad to hear you're feeling better. If I may ask what were your symptoms? My doc prescribed me clonazepam which works okay and I'm thinking about switching to Valium

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman168 View Post
    Hello Primula glad to hear you're feeling better. If I may ask what were your symptoms? My doc prescribed me clonazepam which works okay and I'm thinking about switching to Valium
    I still have the sensation but I've stopped worrying and focusing on it. Im feeling much better about it. The sensation is mostly one sided but sometimes in the middle. You can look back through my previous posts on this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information