Thread: Hello!

Hello!

I'm a long time sufferer of HA. Had it since I was 18 and am now 43. I was doing better for the last couple of years but have started to struggle again. I recently married and while that is great and I love my wife I'm scared this HA will affect her to. I use to post on Anxiety Zone and recently found this site. I look forward to meeting some of you and hope we can help each other.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Blob11 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello!

Good Morning Blob11,

I totally understand when you worry about it affecting your wife. For decades I hid my mental illness from my family and to an extant from my wife. What I discovered was being very open and honest about my problem didn't drive us apart, it made us closer. But before I put that happy thought into your head, let me say. I've seen physical and mental challenges drive couples apart as well. The best thing I can tell you to be honest and ask for honesty in return.

I hope you find the help you seek on the pages of this forum. Remember to be honest with yourself and do not beat yourself up too hard for not being perfect all the time. In order to love others, you first have to love yourself. Best to you Blob11 and best to your new family.

Thread Information