Thread: Hello fellow Sufferers

Thumbs up Hello fellow Sufferers

Hi there everyone, ive never really opened up to anyone apart from my family about my anxiety problems but feel this may help. My anxiety really all started bad about 15 years ago. I was just watching tv one day and there was Gay people on it and the thought came into my head, am i gay? I knew i wasnt but it was so upsetting to me because i knew i wasnt, i have nothing against gay people or that but the thought really dusturbed me, it kept going through my mind, making me think even more thoughts, going through scenarios, all the what ifs! It eventually got to much for me i broke down and had a panic attack and then told my mum and dad my thoughts, they did everything to reasure me it was all in my head. I had to take time of school, wasn't eating, it was making literally sick and i couldnt sleep. I know now the thoughts are caused by my anxiety, anxiety is like a bully, just need to not believe the LIES anxiety tells you, the thoughts are so upsetting because that is not the person you are! I've had more episodes along the years but thats when it went Pete Tong.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Kev_kwm and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello fellow Sufferers

Morning Kev_kmw,

I have read your post a couple of times and at first I thought your situation was "out of my wheelhouse". But the more I read, the more my heart goes out to you. The cause of your anxious thoughts isn't the important point to me. It's the fact that these thoughts cause fear in your mind that's important.

Dig into this site, I'm sure there are helps to get you though these obsessive thoughts. Worrying about being Homosexual is not the point, worrying constantly is. I hope something I said helps. Kev_kwm, be proactive and take steps to live your life as best you can. It's all you can ask yourself to do.

Quote Originally Posted by fduop View Post
    Morning Kev_kmw,

I have read your post a couple of times and at first I thought your situation was "out of my wheelhouse". But the more I read, the more my heart goes out to you. The cause of your anxious thoughts isn't the important point to me. It's the fact that these thoughts cause fear in your mind that's important.

Dig into this site, I'm sure there are helps to get you though these obsessive thoughts. Worrying about being Homosexual is not the point, worrying constantly is. I hope something I said helps. Kev_kwm, be proactive and take steps to live your life as best you can. It's all you can ask yourself to do.
    Thanks for your Support, i know i am not gay. I've been with my girlfriend for many years now, i git through that episode after a while. It was the thought of being something i wasnt that was most distressing. The more i thought about it the more upset i got until i broke down to my parents. I now know it was all through my anxiety but it made me phisically sick. 1 day i had the thought of hating my parents which was so far from the truth as i love them to Death and would do anything for them, it was the thought itself that was upsetting as it was so untrue. Anxiety is a terrible thing to have it gives you the fear and sometimes you get to a point where u dont want to live anymore.

Keep working at it Brother.

Thread Information