Thread: Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Hi everyone. My name is Paul. I've been suffering with severe depression, anxiety, insomnia, for years now. I'm kinda now taking control of it all and just riding out the roller coaster ride. At times it can be very hectic. Does anyone here get the hot flashes when u get an anxiety attack? And does sudden bangs or noises make you nervous. It does to me. I also am a recovering addict. Been clean over 7 months. Really not that long for some people, but for me that's pretty good. I have a drink every now n then but that we never an issue. I take meds for sleep, and anxiety as well. Sometimes they don't work. Does anyone experience the feeling when trying to sleep the strange dizziness that feels like your dying and you jump up sketched out and have a sudden burst of adrenaline? That happens quite frequent to me. Anyways
    It's privilege being a part of this group and I'll be looking forward to hearing from some of you.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya nyr991181 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi everyone

Good morning nyr991181,

I hear you and while we may come from different situations (non-addict) some of our experiences are the same. Even after 20 years of treatment, I still sometimes get awaken from a sound sleep by panic. I like to call it waking up with a shout.

Two things I totally unprofessionally recommend is maybe lightening up on the alcohol, because of it's affect on medication. And checking out meditation and focused breathing. It feels a little silly at first and may be difficult. But clearing your mind of the noise really does help. There are some good free web helps out there and here in NMP.

Hope some of this helps. Best to you nyr99181 on your journey.

Thread Information