Thread: cervical cancer worries :(

cervical cancer worries :(

I'm really panicking about cervical cancer :(

I'm 27 years old and have had one smear test when I was 25.

The last couple of months between periods I've had pink spotting. Its usually around two weeks before my next period. Its not red but I notice pink on the toilet tissue and its enough to be obvious.

I'm really worried as I have never had this before a few months ago and don't know why this would happen now :(

My smear test came back normal but I don't know how quickly cervical cancer can develop :(

Re: cervical cancer worries :(

Hi there,

First off I'd say you should go get it checked out anyway just to be safe. But as I understand it most of time spotting isn't an issue and I can recall my girlfriend having it a few times over the past 6/7 years. I also looked on NHS website which says:

'Cancer of the cervix usually takes many years to develop. Before it does, the cells in the cervix often show changes known as cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) or, less commonly, cervical glandular intraepithelial neoplasia (CGIN).'

The fact it usually takes many years means that your all clear smear test should give you some comfort.i think you can be fairly sure it's nothing too nasty. But best to get it checked out as could be some sort of infection which needs treatment.

Loubelle try not to worry if you had a clear test thats great ,I had my smear test it was not clear so im having more investigations ,but they told me the cancer takes along time to develop im just trying to keep an open mind ,im sure you be okay ,but as Dedre88 said go and get it checked if your worried xx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for the replies.

I'm also panicking because at the same time this spotting happens I also get a bit of pain in my left leg :( I'm going to see if I can see my doctor. My normal smear test a few years ago isthe only thing helping me. I heard spotting can also be down to ovulation but I still find it weird that its only happening now

Today the spotting is more brown than pink (sorry, tmi) and that's also worrying me :(

I'm having something similar. Smear was clear and I'm all up to date there. I'm not concerned about it being cervical cancer for the following reasons:

- fully up to date with smear
    - cervical cancer does NOT develop quickly.

I am still worried about what it could be, I'm not worried about it being cervical cancer though.

Although cervical cancer takes a lot of time to develop I've also seen a lot of people say they have a clear smear last year and then had spotting after sex and had another smear and have had changes so I'm freaking out coz I've been having bleeding after sex on and off for 5 months normal smear last year so I'm terrified

Changes in a smear, while can be frightening are generally not something to panic about. The aim of smears is to detect changes before they can develop into something worse. I've linked something below which has helped me and many others be reassured.

http://thehairpin.com/2012/01/a-scen...rmal-pap-smear

Also, when I spoke to gyno nurse other day she said that bleeding and pain after sex is a "common little number" and it happens to many women, we just don't talk about it so everyone thinks they're alone in it!

I've been trying every week to get an appointment with my doctor. It's like pulling teeth trying to get an appointment. My doctor surgery requires you to phone on the day you want the appointment and for people like me who work full time, it's so hard to get an appointment at a suitable time.

I've got this spotting again. I finished my period last week and yesterday found pink on the toilet tissue and this morning i had brown discharge :( I'm going to insist that i see/speak to a doctor tomorrow. I keep thinking about my last smear (which was my first smear) two years ago that came back normal but I am worried things can change quickly. Can cervical cancer develop quickly??

I'm finding it hard too I went back to docter last week who saw an ectroption on my cervix which cud be causing however I'm not convinced as it's wasn't there few months back when I first went for symptoms :( so I'm going to gyno tomoz to get it checked anxiety at its highest . They say cancer takes years to develop I had a normal smear last year however I've also heard instances where things have changed in the space of a year even tho they have had clear smear so worried to max now :(

Thread Information