Thread: Came off CIT too early.

Came off CIT too early.

Hi Folks,

First post, so hello.

I was on Cit for anxiety, started a year ago on the recommendation of my therapist. And came off by my own decision but with the help/advice of my (then) doctor.

I was on quiet a high dose.

Dealt well with the underlying anxiety and helped me feel confident again.

Whilst I did not get the unbearable side effects that some people experience I did get have very disrupted sleep. And felt tired all the time. Often having to take naps.

I run my own business (with a business partner) so often working from home, I could actually get away with sleeping at odd times.

But it obviously took its toll on my productivity and feel exhausted all the time along with mild brain zaps.

I hoped after a year that once coming off them I might revert to a normal emotional state.

I didn't have too harsh a time coming off CIT either but I started having some quite bad anxiety attacks. I put this down to 'blips'.

But I have found I'm back to feeling a general underlying anxiety and a lack of confidence.

I have a new doctor who is much more on the ball than any other I have ever had. And he feels I may have come off too early.

Just wondered if anyone had been on CIT and found any other alternative AD's?

Cheers,

Nick
    Last edited by Rous; 17-10-11 at 00:54. Reason: Corrected wording in Title to avoid confusion.

Re: Came off CIT too early.

Unfortunately it's hard to answer this one. Everyone reacts differently to meds and coming off them. It also depends on what else was going on in your life at the time and how you coped with that. Many people do come off meds too soon because they feel better and think they don't need them, when actually it's the tablets making you feel more able to cope.

If you are confident of your new doctor, the best thing is to discuss it further with him and take his advice.

Re: Came off CIT too early.

agree totaly with chem, i did come off cit too early the first time and had a relapse, but if you felt better taking it then maybe go back on it, after all what is one little tablet if it makes you feel better,talk to your gp, you may feel better on a lower dose this time good luck and take care x

Thread Information