Thread: Weird throat issues

Unhappy Weird throat issues

I'm 26 yr old female. I've been dealing with these symptoms for almost a month now and it's really starting to get to me. For the first 3 weeks of May I had very intense throat pain and it felt like the left side of my throat was very tight or swollen. I panicked because I had never felt that before. The first week I went to a med express. They said it was viral and the swollen/tight feeling was swollen lymph nodes. The second week they gave me antibiotics (Amoxicillin). I started them May 17th and finished around May 24th. I finally had pain relief during the middle of that round of antibiotic. The tightness in my neck didn't go away completely but the pain did. Then after the 4th day of being off the antibiotic the pain came back. Very strongly. I went to the ER. They looked in my throat but it looks okay! Which is so weird for me to hear because the pain really hurts. They did blood work and a CT scan. Everything looked fine. They suggested an ENT. I do have reflux so they said it could be that or yet another bad virus. I'm just scared that this pain will never go away. Tyenol does help but it only dulls the pain. Any thoughts as to what in the world is wrong with me? I'm starting to feel crazy. Also I have a relatively healthy life style. No smoking and I'm at a healthy weight.

Re: Weird throat issues

Hey everyone I just wanted to follow up with anyone who may have read this and had been wondering if I found answers. My throat pain did resolve and it was a very bad virus. My neck was injured prior to getting sick and I hadn't realized it so that was what was causing the tight feeling.

Glad you're feeling better now

Thank you!

Appreciate your response saying that you got cured. what medication you had ?

Hi Ash, can you please respond

Quote Originally Posted by ashesx90 View Post
    I'm 26 yr old female. I've been dealing with these symptoms for almost a month now and it's really starting to get to me. For the first 3 weeks of May I had very intense throat pain and it felt like the left side of my throat was very tight or swollen. I panicked because I had never felt that before. The first week I went to a med express. They said it was viral and the swollen/tight feeling was swollen lymph nodes. The second week they gave me antibiotics (Amoxicillin). I started them May 17th and finished around May 24th. I finally had pain relief during the middle of that round of antibiotic. The tightness in my neck didn't go away completely but the pain did. Then after the 4th day of being off the antibiotic the pain came back. Very strongly. I went to the ER. They looked in my throat but it looks okay! Which is so weird for me to hear because the pain really hurts. They did blood work and a CT scan. Everything looked fine. They suggested an ENT. I do have reflux so they said it could be that or yet another bad virus. I'm just scared that this pain will never go away. Tyenol does help but it only dulls the pain. Any thoughts as to what in the world is wrong with me? I'm starting to feel crazy. Also I have a relatively healthy life style. No smoking and I'm at a healthy weight.
    Almost word for word you describe my story as well. Even being the same age lol. Did you ever go d relief?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information