Thread: Will this ever end?

Will this ever end?

I am so up and down at the moment. I have a terrible breathing obsession - I've had it before and its gone away after a while but I've not had it in so long its hit me so hard.
    My chest is constantly tight, its horrible.
    2 days ago i actually had a day where 70% of the day I managed to forget about it completely and i felt fine. Yesterday pretty much all day I didn't think about it either, and the sensation completely went away.
    When i got home and was idle for a bit last night i started thinking about it again and now its come back, and today i am struggling again.
    I've been checked over at the doctors when it first started and everything was normal.
    I just feel stuck in a rut :(

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Will this ever end?

What are you doing to treat your anxiety, Panic? Focusing on your breathing will cause all sorts of trouble and worries: you'll start to notice things which are generally normal had your attention been elsewhere.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Re: Will this ever end?

Thank you for your reply, yes i seem to be treating it with panic at the moment which I know is ridiculous.
    I take Citalopram and have an audio book which i am finding useful; providing techniques of how to deal with the anxious thoughts/sensations. What you're saying is completely true, I wouldn't notice it if i wasn't thinking about it, I'm aware I am the cause of it. I feel silly writing this because i have all the answers but I think i have annoyed my friends and family for talking about how anxious i am constantly. I'm very obsessive and its hard to get out of this mindset

Thread Information