Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ubermod View Post
    Right, i've been a member a few weeks now but like all here i've fallen trap to looking up symptoms on google....... PEOPLE THIS MUST STOP!!! we are making ourselves worse, i know we are only trying to put our minds at ease but we all know what it makes us think, yep the "C" word. Post after post i'm reading about how you've all looked on google and how its made you freak and rush to the doctors thinking you're dying. Its a healthy thing to want to know whats wrong with us but all advice out there isn't from professional sources.

Its time us health anxiety sufferers got Dr Google struck off!!

Post for newbies how searching the web has made you feel worse and lets try and stop people doing it and learn from our mistakes.

I've done this SOOO many times. I'm 19 years old, I don't smoke and I'm convinced I've got oral cancer! It takes over my life (my health anxiety), a nurse and a doctor have both said my enlarged lymph node is normal but I can't help myself googling all day! Sending love x

Dr google has given me plenty of sleepless nights

Dr Google ruined my life for years. I do not want to Google my symptoms anymore.

I've spent the last week (a panic attack a day convincedmyself that was a heart attack) convincing myself I have.. Brain cancer, major blood clotting, heart attacks, some disease that eats away my skull, diabetes, and a few other things. Someone take google awaaayyyy. On the other hand I wouldn't have found this forum if not for google so at least there's that.

Edit: half the reason I know I don't have any of these are pretty sure if I had all of that my health would be a hell of a lot worse. Lol

Dr. Google is evil! :( Why do we still seek appointments with him? It doesn't make any sense.

The past 2 weeks dr google had me diagnosed with : lymphoma , non Hodgkin's lymphoma , multiple myeloma , gallbladder cancer , liver cancer , T cell lymphoma , kidney disease , als and the worse of all pancreatic cancer ....... my symptom , itchy feet , from that those were just a few diseases that google gave me , these were the ones I was convinced I had I'm sure there was more ...... it is truly a sick addiction to spend endless hours googling symptoms , but it's so damn hard to stop ☹️

OMG This is ME!
    Every little ache, pain, discomfort and niggle i search and it always go back to the big CA!
    Currently have a tenderness on my left side , just next to my sternum and i have gallbladder CA!
    I try to stop but can't! HHHHEEELLLPPP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire.Cox1984 View Post
    OMG This is ME!
    Every little ache, pain, discomfort and niggle i search and it always go back to the big CA!
    Currently have a tenderness on my left side , just next to my sternum and i have gallbladder CA!
    I try to stop but can't! HHHHEEELLLPPP!!
    The simple answer: just stop to use Google for health related issues. It is very hard, but I believe we all can stop using it. On Monday I had a light panic attack when I searched on Google for a health related thing. Stupid me, but I learned from this 'mistake'.

Take care

I recently had an EGD because of some anemia I had last year. They wanted to rule everything out. They found a 3cm lump in my esophagus that appears benign to the naked eye and the doctor doesn't seem that worried about. i even showed it to another doctor who I see for something else and he said the same thing . Because I have a history of cancer (I had thyroid cancer in 2015), they are going to do a Endoscopic ultrasound to rule things out. The first thing I saw when I googled was the 99% of these lumps are cancer!! I started to freak out and nearly died from worry. The more I researched, the more I saw that most of these lumps (like I have) that are found incidentally and are normally benign. Now I know this could still be cancer, but my point is that google had me so freaked out that I almost couldn't function. I get that I have an actual problem, but even then, it can freak you out!!!

I got so fed up I deleted google app on my phone. But unfortunately can’t delete safari. I literally have stop myself typing in symptoms. Driving myself mad!

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread Information