Thread: Left arm pain - please help.

Left arm pain - please help.

I've been having an aching, squeezing sensation in my upper left arm for the last few days - at times is feels like I'm wearing a blood pressure cuff. I've also been having palpitations and chest pains, ranging from a tightness across my chest to a burning stabbing on the left centre of my chest to a stitch like pain under my left breast. I did have an ECG on Friday night which was normal, my blood pressure and heart rate were also found to be normal. It was the 4th ECG in 6 months that I've had. The doctor said it's likely to be anxiety related and I'm planning on booking a GP appointment to try and get things under control. The chest pain has lessened but I'm still so terrified by this arm pain, what if it's something that an ECG can't detect?

Please help, I'm trying to be rational and calm but I can't cope with much more of this panic. Right now my head is feeling quite dizzy when I move it, I don't usually get these and it's making me more scared.
    Last edited by css79; 08-10-17 at 12:30.

Re: Left arm pain - please help.

Quote Originally Posted by css79 View Post
    I've been having an aching, squeezing sensation in my upper left arm for the last few days - at times is feels like I'm wearing a blood pressure cuff. I've also been having palpitations and chest pains, ranging from a tightness across my chest to a burning stabbing on the left centre of my chest to a stitch like pain under my left breast. I did have an ECG on Friday night which was normal, my blood pressure and heart rate were also found to be normal. It was the 4th ECG in 6 months that I've had. The doctor said it's likely to be anxiety related and I'm planning on booking a GP appointment to try and get things under control. The chest pain has lessened but I'm still so terrified by this arm pain, what if it's something that an ECG can't detect?

Please help, I'm trying to be rational and calm but I can't cope with much more of this panic. Right now my head is feeling quite dizzy when I move it, I don't usually get these and it's making me more scared.

If I had a normal EKG on Friday then I would be reassured that it is caused by anxiety. Everything sounds okay according to your doctor . I know that dizziness is definitely a symptom of anxiety. How old are you? If you’re under 40 it’s unlikely to be your heart . Anxiety can be relentless .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 38, I'm also quite overweight but am in the process of losing weight.

I've taken some ibuprofen and the arm pain is easing, the dizziness is still present if I move my head in certain ways - mostly if I tilt my head to the side. I'm less panicky than earlier but it's still bubbling :(

Hi. I get the same at times. Could be ibs and anxiety. They go hand in hand. Anxiety us a nasty thing. It us amazing how our minds take over any ache and pain. Under ibs forum there are others with symptoms such as yours including me. Hope you feel better. Your not alone.

Thread Information