Thread: Cornucopia of Problems and Light at the End

Cornucopia of Problems and Light at the End

Hi everyone.

I want to tell you all about this situation I am going through and hope it can at least help someone going through similar stuff.

This year had been very traumatic with a suicide of a family member, the near death of another from illness and being on the receiving end of an attempted murder, so a lot stress and anxiety. I suffer with both anyway as well as OCD and Aspergers.

Back in August of this year: I was involved in a (what I perceived to be) major sexual incident. I went for what i thought was a massage for my tense back but midway through, the "masseuse" took my piece in her mouth while I was basically so relaxed I wasn't aware what was happening. I, almost literally; ran screaming out of there. Married twenty years and this happened...

I tried to put it to the back of my mind but subconsciously it was eating away at me. Around two weeks after; I began experiencing "phantom leaking" from my piece. I kept checking myself but I was bone dry. I was terrified. I went and had a full STI screen done which came back negative. Then I began experiencing UTI-esque symptoms of needing to constantly pee. I had a urine check done and there were minute traces of red and white cells. The doctor didn't seem to think it was any indication of an infection but gave a three day dose of antibiotics anyway. (I want add at this point that elevated stress levels can cause traces of red and white cells, this was learnt much later).

The symptoms persisted and in fact worsened. I was in hospital after the course ran out and again; urine test with no sign of infection. They gave me a stronger course of antibiotics to take and sent me on my way. The symptoms continued and then came the stomach pain and throat tightening. I was told to stop the antibiotics but still had no idea what was happening.

Two more weeks I suffered. The frequent urination got joined by nocturia (peeing at night), pain in my rectum, pain in my perineum and testicle's. I couldn't sit down properly and was increasingly becoming more stressed. I began pooping more than usual, the doctor thought I was having diarrhoea and gave me drugs for it, this in turn constipated me and they had to give me something to go again. When I did finally go; it gave me a rectal tear.

I stopped sleeping properly and eating, I became increasingly manic and had a second set of STI screening done (this time a urethral swab which stung like a mother crusher). Negative again. I shaved my pubes to check for anything and then wondered why I had ingrown hairs that hurt a week later which I thought were herpes (could see the hairs growing the wrong way).

I finally caved and went to a psychiatrist. I was given Sertraline and Quetiapine, 150mg and 25mg respectively. I took them both and experienced what I can only describe as a hypertensive crisis with a rythmic throb in my genitals. It was terrifying and painful. I couldn't sleep lying down and had to sit up to try and sleep.

This continued with slightly less severity for two more weeks (6 weeks after event) I still couldn't sit properly, lying down was impossible and I was miserable and tired. I stopped the drugs after two weeks and the symptoms decreased but didn't go away.

I'm now three weeks off the meds (9 weeks post event). I have had a thrush outbreak which has been attributed to the needless antibiotics, high sugar and carb diet and the intense stress levels of the last couple of months. I'm. Treating the thrush and am on a sugar / candida detox which is tough but I'm using herbal stuff to help.

I want to tell you guys something about what I went through:

If CPPS (Chronic Pvic Pain Syndrom) or NBP (Non Bacterial Prostatitis) don't mean anything to you then let me give you the nutshell version. Men hold a lot of tension in their pelvic area and more so when the stress is sexual or relationship related. You'll hear words like "bracing" being used. Essentially; we can have ALL the symptoms of a prostate problem (mine was checked and found okay) so the pain in genitals, bottom, groin and perineum, the urination frequency, pain / discomfort while passing, even some incontinence (which I have still) but there isn't an infection. It causes erectile dysfunction and even upsets the cowper glands making us produce more precum (I had some leak out on the way to going for a poop, was definitely precum from smell, taste and consistency).

Our pelvic floors are a danger area and don't go through what I did trying medicate it away as it just made things worse. The mental health drugs made me more anxious which increased my hypertension which made my pelvic problems worse.

As tired as it sounds; treat the anxiety and stress. It helps.
    Last edited by Broken Edge; 13-10-17 at 12:42.

Thread Information