Thread: Sense of impending doom??? Help please

Is anyone else worried about dvt?

Hey just wondering if anyone else suffers or has suffered from dvt fear aswell...and why?

Re: Is anyone else worried about dvt?

YES! I have majorly, I'm not gonna lie I only got out of prison 3 weeks ago (attempted robbery of an off-license) and when I was in there, obviously there wasn't much to do so I was just lying on my bed or sitting down for many hours (we only got 1 hour exercise if the weather was good) and I honestly used to think I had DVT all the time. This once, I even went to the healthcare dept. in the prison and saw a nurse, but she told me you WOULD know if you had DVT. She told me the limb would be inflamed, extremely painful and very swollen. Try not to worry, I know how hard it is though.

Sending positive vibes!

Hey hun, you need to think you are worried about both DVT and low platelet count at the same time. Its not possible to have both of these, if you had low blood count your blood would be thin and unable to clot that is why people exessivley bleed with that blood type. And if you have DVT (i can assure you you don't) you wouldn't have the low blood count that you're worried about you would have the opposite. I hope this puts your mind at ease a bit xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Andy699 View Post
    YES! I have majorly, I'm not gonna lie I only got out of prison 3 weeks ago (attempted robbery of an off-license) and when I was in there, obviously there wasn't much to do so I was just lying on my bed or sitting down for many hours (we only got 1 hour exercise if the weather was good) and I honestly used to think I had DVT all the time. This once, I even went to the healthcare dept. in the prison and saw a nurse, but she told me you WOULD know if you had DVT. She told me the limb would be inflamed, extremely painful and very swollen. Try not to worry, I know how hard it is though.

Sending positive vibes!
    Yeah I guess in most cases it does become very obvious! Just scared cause some don't even show any symptoms!

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy_rice View Post
    Hey hun, you need to think you are worried about both DVT and low platelet count at the same time. Its not possible to have both of these, if you had low blood count your blood would be thin and unable to clot that is why people exessivley bleed with that blood type. And if you have DVT (i can assure you you don't) you wouldn't have the low blood count that you're worried about you would have the opposite. I hope this puts your mind at ease a bit xxx
    Yeah I know, completely contradictory it's just how my mind works I guess

Sense of impending doom??? Help please

Hey guys, now with another completely different fear, I've been having this feeling of impending doom since 26 weeks pregnant when I was convinced I had dvt and I would die from it, it is gone now, pretty much no fear of dvt, but the sense of impending doom is still there, I keep thinking of ways that I'm going to die during labor cause I'm just so sure it will happen! I'm terrified of giving birth now since they say that many women who developed amniotic fluid embolism had this feeling! Now I'm 100% sure that's going to happen with me can anxiety give you this feeling? Have you had this before? Help please I'm mortified again as I'm closer to my due date, I'm now 37 almost 38 weeks pregnant, please help me!

Re: Sense of impending doom??? Help please

I was exactly like this! From the fear of a blood clot to the fear of me dying during labor. I cried all the way to the hospital on my induction day petrified that I would never see my oldest son again and my new son would never know me. But honestly once I was in that bed being induced for whatever reason I felt better. We are in the safest place possible to be while giving birth. You got this mama!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brunamateus View Post
    Hey guys, now with another completely different fear, I've been having this feeling of impending doom since 26 weeks pregnant when I was convinced I had dvt and I would die from it, it is gone now, pretty much no fear of dvt, but the sense of impending doom is still there, I keep thinking of ways that I'm going to die during labor cause I'm just so sure it will happen! I'm terrified of giving birth now since they say that many women who developed amniotic fluid embolism had this feeling! Now I'm 100% sure that's going to happen with me can anxiety give you this feeling? Have you had this before? Help please I'm mortified again as I'm closer to my due date, I'm now 37 almost 38 weeks pregnant, please help me!
    I'm so sorry you're feeling this. I can relate. I have it too. Things (so far) seem to be heading in the right direction for me, but because the feeling was so strong I just can't forget it or believe that things are going to be ok. However, I have read a few other instances of people feeling something like this and being just fine. Please keep us updated. I'd like to know how you get on.

I am 10 days over due and ready to be induced on Sunday morning i am almost certain i am going to have a seizure and die during labour. Its the biggest fear i have right now. Im excited to meet my son but i wish i was only about 30 weeks pregnant so i could get my anxiety under control before going in to give birth :(

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy_rice View Post
    I am 10 days over due and ready to be induced on Sunday morning i am almost certain i am going to have a seizure and die during labour. Its the biggest fear i have right now. Im excited to meet my son but i wish i was only about 30 weeks pregnant so i could get my anxiety under control before going in to give birth :(
    Good luck Livvy. I think you'll be fine, but I know that probably doesn't help much when you feel this way. Sometimes (not always) the anticipation is the worst bit. Maybe you'll feel a little better once you're actually in there on Sunday, though I'm sure it'll still be scary. I hope you'll update us when you get the chance once your baby boy is out

I think every pregnant woman has thoughts like, OMG, what if I die during labor. I also had a ton of fear going into it (esp with number 2).

I can say from experience that, the pain of labor jolts you into the moment and the fear goes away and you will be able to do what you need to do when the time comes and it will all work out.

Thread Information