Thread: So worried i feel sick - brain aneurysm fear

So worried i feel sick - brain aneurysm fear

Hi again

Im back worrying. This time its the possibility of a brain aneurysm. For the past few days ive had this weird uncomfortable sensation behind my ear. But today it was constant and extremely noticeable, kind of like a tightness or muscle pain. It also spreads up my head a bit.

I cant stop worrying about a possible brain aneurysm. I know you dont really get symptoms until they rupture. But i just cant stop.

Looking at it logically, i probably dont. Theyre more common in black women (im white) and appear more in older people. And im only 18! I dont smoke, have a family history, or have high blood pressure. But i guess my diet is quite fatty (im autistic so im a very picky eater).

Even if i somehow did have an aneurysm at this age, theres a very very small chance of it rupturing. Even if i did have a ruptured aneurysm theres a 40% chance of survival and a 50% chance after that of not having brain damage.

But im honestly convinced that at any moment my brains going to explode in astronomical pain and im going to drop dead on the spot. Help!

Re: So worried i feel sick - brain aneurysm fear

You've basically talked yourself out of the fear. Now... believe your own words

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: So worried i feel sick - brain aneurysm fear

Hi,
    I have been having the same fear for the past 3 weeks, despite being given the all clear by the dr (3 different doctors actually!)
    I've acknowledged now that most of my symptoms are being caused by my anxiety - that plus some meds have made me feel a whole lot better over the past 24hours but I completely get where you're coming from as I still get scared when my mind goes to those dark places.
    If you are very concerned then definitely go see your doctor for some reassurance.
    My doctor recommened a book on mindfulness by dan penman that I've started reading and it sounds like the techniques in there might be helpful.
    I hope you feel better soon x

Thread Information