Thread: Tiny red dots

Tiny red dots

Hi everyone

I am new here and was hoping someone could help. For the last year or so I have been getting these tiny pin prick bright red dots all over my skin. They are not raised and are under the skin. Mainly on my arms (especially upper arms) and chest but I have now noticed some on my stomach, legs and even one on my eyelid! I have looked and looked for answers and can't find anything. I have been to the doctor and had a blood test and they said everything is fine but it is driving me mad. I never had these before in my life and now I am covered in hundreds and more and more keep appearing. I am female, aged 27 and quite pale skinned, I had a baby almost 2 years ago and initially thought it could be hormonal but would assume it would have stopped by now. I also take citalopram and thought it could be a side effect but I have been taking them for 6 years and he doctor said it wouldn't just start now after all these years. The doctor basically said to me it is broken blood vessels (she thinks) but they have no idea why. It is driving me mad and I hate them!

Re: Tiny red dots

I have them too. I just assumed they were a variation of the raised cherry angiomas, which I also have. My dermatologist has never mentioned them.

I would agree with melfish and say they are a tiny version of cherry angiomas without the red raised bump.. I have quite a few of them all over and a couple on my cheeks too It is to do with blood vessels, but not sure what exactly.. They do seem to come up quite quickly and then you won't see any for a while. I'm also pale skinned with freckles if that helps!

They are called Petechiae... it's bleeding under the skin from tiny broken veins. They happen for all sorts of reasons. I started getting it a lot in my 20s. I get it bad every time my blood pressure is taken.

If your Dr ran blood work and says it cane back fine, don't worry about it. You probably just have sensitive skin... they can tell by your blood work if it's a cause for concern ♡

Thank you every body for your replies. I know I need to accept that the doctor told me my blood is fine but I just keep getting more and more of these dots I am
    Covered in them all over my arms and chest. I am getting self conscious as although they are tiny, because I am so pale and there are so many they are really noticeable. They don't look like petechiae from what I could see from pictures online but maybe they are. They are just bright red but the skin around them is normal. Hopefully they will stop appearing soon and I can try and forget about them.

I have them too. All down my arms. Completely harmless but I worried too at first .

I had them too and freaked..... They are nothing to worry about

Has anyone had these before and they went away? I am getting so self conscious as I literally have hundreds of them. I went to the doctor again today and he couldn’t even tell me what they were. It’s upsetting me because I never had any up until a year or so ago and now I am covered and more and more coming up. Is there any way I can attach pictures?

Thread Information