Thread: My story....

My story....

Hi all,
    I hope I’m posting this in the correct place.

I’m 43 and never had anxiety that I know of before. I’ve had some heart palpitations in the past but didn’t really think about. For as long as I can remember I had to take Zzzquil to get to sleep (so hard to shut my mind off to sleep).

Back in July I woke up with the room spinning. That has never happened before and FEAKED me out. Really thought I was going to die or something bad was happening. The next few days had crazy heart palpitations, getting light headed. I went to urgent care and had a EKG and was told I was fine. That night I ended up going to the emergency room. Had another EKG and chest X-ray, blood work and everything checked out fine. The did give me something in an IV and made me calm down and relaxed. My doctor had me get a echo cardio gram and that was fine with a mild mitral valve prolapse. I went to a cardiologist, more EKG’s and wore a heart monitor for 72 hours and everything was normal. She really thinks this was all anxiety causing this. She put me 25mg of Sertraline to take daily and 25mg of Alprazolam for anxiety attack. She also gave me 50mg of Hydroxyzine to help me sleep and it helps a little for anxiety.

Things were going ok, I would get a little anxious at night. My doctor increased my Sertraline to 50mg.

Thing have been pretty good this month until the last few days. I have woken up to use the bathroom and had anxiety attacks and I ended up having to take a Alprazolam to calm down and get back to sleep.

The only thing that was different, I was taking a antibiotic for 5 days after having a cyst removed.

So I don’t know if the antibiotic are interfering with the Sertraline. I am also getting a sinus infection or cold and not sure if it’s that.

The other hard part is I am hesitant to talk to my wife about my “anxiety” because she says she doesn’t understand it. That I should be able to “not think about it”

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: My story....

You'll feel right at home here, Cr0w. The HA Forum is a busy place and you'll find plenty of like-minded sufferers who understand what you're going through.

Welcome on board the NMP Ship.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Welcome buddy, you'll fit right in

I know the feeling re: the wife. It's tough for them to understand exactly how we feel if they've never experienced it themselves. My partner is the same.

Are you having mostly anxiety or are the heartbeat issues giving you trouble (or both)? It sounds like you've worked yourself up a little over the antibiotics possibly having a reaction with the sertraline. You'll be fine

You've had a full heart workup and you have a clean bill of health. That's fantastic news

Relax and rest up if you have a cold. Have a browse on the forum and a chat to a few people if it helps take your mind off things.

Welcome

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thank you for the welcomes.

This site has helped a lot. The hard part to understand is to me it's out of nowhere that this all started. One of my doctors seems to think i've had anxiety for a long time based on not being able to shut my mind off to sleep.

Also, I have found out that both my parents have anxiety and panic attacks. So maybe it's in my DNA and my episode I had brought it out into the open.

Thread Information