hi
I have had a bit of a blood pressure saga the last few years. It started when I had my son, I had preeclampsia. for a few weeks after he was born my blood pressure seemed to be going back down but suddenly at the 6 weeks check it shot up again and i ended up medication to keep it down. the medication (treid a couple of different types)didnt work and my blood pressure stayed pretty much the same (at that time it was around 150/105-110) no matter what dosage i was on. after about 11 months all of a sudden it just plummeted for no reason at all! and I was able to stop medication altogether it was never low (was around 130/80-85) but was ok.

I had my third baby 7 weeks ago, my blood pressure through the pregnancy was excellent, lower than normal in fact . it went up a little at the end but not majorly high. I had my 6 week check last week and it had gone up again and was 150/104.

I know that that is high BUT the thing is also suffer from panic attacks and anxeity which is brought on alot by leaving the house, especially to go to the doctors.

before i was pregnant I had a 24 hour monitor on to try and see why the medication wasnt affecting my blood pressure and my blood pressure was alot lower at home.

I have a little wrist monitor at home which i used throughout my pregnancy and according to this my blood pressure today was roughly the same as it was showing through the pregnancy when it was also normal at the doctors.

the doctor has told me to go up the the blood pressure clinic a few times to have it checked BUT the clinic is only on wednesday afternoons at 3pm which is impossible for me to get to and i dont have anyone at all who can help. so i just cannot go.

would you make another appointment to get it checked bearing in mind it will probably just be high again since I will get in a tizz about it or would you leave it since it seems to be ok on the one at home?

I have this major fear of being on medication again after last time so this probably clouds my judgement a bit :(

anyone have any experiecne of this?

sophie