Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to Share this

Need to Share this

Had a bloomin' nasty anxiety/panic bout today and feel really angry at myself for letting it get to me. In brief here's how it went:-

Went out with my sister and friend last night for the first time in years, just into local town for a few drinks. Found it pretty testing, drank water and diet coke the entire night but did manage to stick it out til 11.30.
    Couldn't sleep when I went to bed because felt annoyed that I wasn't able to relax, drink and enjoy the night like a 'normal' person so was awake til gone 1am.

Didn't do much with my morning, had a little nap when the baby went down and felt crappy cos my period is due (and still hasn't turned up I might add!) Got ready when partner got home from work at about 12 and my mum turned up for a chin wag and a cuppa which was nice.

Gave the baby lunch and decided that despite having bit of tummy ache I should walk into town as it was such a nice day (something I'm able to do most days without any trouble.) My partner then annouces that he's coming too which immediately made me feel anxious for all the obvious reasons - have to explain myself I turn and come home, will upset/annoy him if I'm unable to do what we set out to do, he might need to go a few places and expect me to come along etc, etc.

So we set off and within minutes I need the loo. We're too far from home to turn around and yet the closer to town we get the more anxious I feel which in turn makes me need the loo even more. I tell him whats going on and that I want to go home and he starts to challenge my thoughts there and then which makes me feel all indecisive and unsure of myself.

I take his advice and carry on into town by which time I desperate for the loo and basically head for a shop which I know has nice toilets I can use. I tried to tell him to go off and do his own thing and I'll come and find him but he insists on waiting for me which of course means I feel rushed.

Now had it not been for the tablets I'm on which sort of stop most of the physical panic symptoms I would of been a wreck but instead I sat on the loo in silent turmoil. My mind was racing with all kinds of really stupid negative thoughts and made me feel like last night had alot to answer for and has set me back instead of helping me break new ground.

Anyway my partner then rang to say he was still waiting even though I was only minutes and so I hurried out to meet him feeling really apprehensive and unsure about what to do. As we headed out the back of the shop I could feel myself getting more tense as it meant I was walking further in the opposite direction of my home. I stopped and basically gave in to the panic, I asked him to do a few things for me but he refused on principle and said I should be doing them.

We parted on pretty rubbish terms because I just wanted to leave and once I was alone (as I am normally) with just my son in the buggy I felt marginally better. I stopped to look in a few shops and then forced myself to go to the shop that I originally wanted to go in. It was hot and busy which didn't help the way I was feeling. I tried to push myself but after a half hearted attempt at joining the queue I turned and left without the goods.

I met up with my partner on the way home and he'd bought me some lunch. He was totally fine with me but I can't stop dwelling on the whole episode. I'm trying to get myself geared up for the meet next saturday but the way things are going I'm not holding out much hope.

Sorry to ramble but no one else would understand how these ordeals have such big repocussions (spelling??)

Caroline - not so Fab Pants :-(
    x

Hi Caroline,

When I was acute I avoided anything challenging during P/MT week at all, as I was always weaker mentally and didn't manage as well as I knew I could and Nothing I did helped. As I got better it became less of an issue.

Well done for going out last night. It seems to me that if you hadn't done this in years, then you had much more reason to be congratulating yourself for sticking it out till 11:30 then lying awake beating yourself up for not having done it with more ease . Little steps ...seemed like you took a huge one and did fine too...!

When you got to the loo did you need it as much as you thought you did ? Its very hard having someone harassing you at these moments especially when trying to decide the next strategy - this needs time !!

I don't think todays worries had anything to do with last night- just your potential misinterpretation of how good you did really were maybe still playing on your mind.

Good for your partner having got you lunch and being normal about it all.

So - today wasn't your best day but don't keep it alive in your mind for days. Go to your shop again in the week asap - just to do it .

Energy follows thought and sometimes its just too hard on certain days to block those thoughts continually. I remember it well .

Hope you have a peaceful Sunday .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Don't beat yourself up about it.

I think you did alright.

You got up, got dressed, gave the baby lunch, had a chin wag and did eventually go shopping...

So you see you did a lot more than you think.

Hang in there hun, remember you are a fab pants.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Hi Caroline

Hey, don't beat yourself up so much, I think you did really great going out the other night and you should be really proud of yourself. When I was getting my panics thick and fast it was all I could do to get out the door and I was dreading my own hen night but it went fine in the end as like you, I stuck to water and soft drinks. The only thing I can think that might have made it worse for you was drinking diet coke - the caffeine content is quite high and if you were feeling anxious anyway it might just have tripped you off.

You really are doing great, you've managed to go out, into town, deal with the baby, enjoy a chat with your mum - hey thats loads of positive things!

Lots of love Jo xxxxx

ow no caz

does this usually happen or was it just the 1st, like u i am quite metally weak and i always turn my back 2 things which i find uncomfortable

hope 2day was ok 4 u, ur hubby and son

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

Hi Caz mate,

You did do well!

You went out and you went into town the next day. Ok you may have been feeling really crap and wished it had gone better but you still did it so well done you!

I understand exactly how you feel though hon. I've been away this weekend and although I did enjoy myself at times all of a sudden the panic monster would come in and say how dare you be enjoying yourself! and ruin it! I always wish things would go better and I could feel care free. Never mind though!

I myself am looking forward to the meet but so anxious as well. So it's only natural you are bound to feel geared up about going mate. I'm sure a "normal" (sorry hate that word) person would have nerves about meeting new people. We have just got to be that much stronger when it comes to doing things thats all! I promise you won't be alone hon we are all here to help each other.

I hope you have managed to put your Fab pants back on and you are feeling better matey!

Take care Love PIP'S XX

Oh you girls are just so sweet, thanks

The day after I posted this my period started in a BIG way so I'm kind of hoping the reason I was so ropey over the weekend was my hormones were all over the place. I've started the contraceptive pill (took first one last night) so hoping this might help things.

Well I've tried to take on board the things you have all said about my little jaunt into town and am trying to tell myself that at least I carried on and went into town.

Have managed to do quite a bit today so feel a little better about things.

Last time I went to Brewsters with my 2boys I freaked out and left having a massive panic so today I thought I would try going again. Instead of booking them in for an hrs play like the last time we just had an ice cream. They enjoyed it and so did I Hoping I'll be ok on thursday as I have to take my eldest there for a friends party.

We also went to the park for a an hour and then for a quick drink in a beer garden so feel like we've had a nice day.

Hope you are all well and looking forward to seeing some of you at Nic's.

Caroline
    x

Hi Caroline,

I would put money on it being PMT related . It took me months to figure out I had a pattern with always being worse during that time - it does wear off as you get better .

Well done for doing so well today

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Good job I'm feeling more light hearted than when i originally posted.

Just re-read all the replies (thanks again to you all) and had to giggle when I saw that 'someone' felt it neccessary to inform me that I am 'metally weak'!! [:P]

What am I going to do, is it serious, whats the cure???!!!

Just playing Skooter girl

Miss Fab Pants
    x

i thought u were ignorin me, lol

i sed i was, but im a teenager so obviously, lol.

cure, hum, thats a tricky 1, erm, NOWT, lol, just be happy as much as possible

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information