Thread: Help needed, wits end with ectopics

Help needed, wits end with ectopics

Hi all,
    For all that I have suffered ectopic beats before I've never had more than a dozen a day, I've had 3 24hr monitors over the years the last of which recorded a "handful" of them. Sat morning woke up with them coming every mi ute or so this went on all day, sun morning woke up the same and as the day went on they were getting more forceful so I called NHS 24 who sent me to A&E. ECG was fine and the nurse was convinced it was all anxiety related, I have had panic attacks in the past but I said I didn't think that was the cause, she said she could see I was anxious and yes I was, I was in hospital, but, I was sent home and told it was all lifestyle and stress. Day 3 today and I'm still the same in fact I'd say they are worse, I took a propranolol and I don't know if it's agrevated them but I'm getting them ever mi ute sometimes 4/5 in a row and my GP's surgery is shut as it's a bank holiday. I'm home alone with 2 young children, currently bawling my eyes out cause I'm sure I'm going to die! I keep telling myself that if the ECG was fine then not to worry but every sinking feeling and thump in my chest tells me otherwise.

Re: Help needed, wits end with ectopics

did you have ectopic beats while you were in the hospital? even if you had, probably not that many as at home. am i right? because you were a bit busy, you were focusing on other things too.
    Dr. Gupta has a lot of videos about ectopic beats. watch them!

also: try taking magnesium supplement
    Last edited by slickadam; 17-07-17 at 10:42.

I had as many while I was there as I had done all day, but, never when they were doing the ECG! I was actually out trying to get some food shopping when I had to stop and go call NHS 24, trying to ignore them just wasn't working, I'm still the same now.....I'm getting what I call big Ines that knock the wind out of my sails, still every minute or less.

Hi I have had similar and after ecg 5 all were the same with nothing wrong. I am waiting for a 6 day holter but in the meantime we have to control the anxiety to stop these palps. It really is a circle. Can you try and focus on something with the children play a game sing try anything to stop your mind. Read about anxiety over and over and try to train your mind with the positive things. Have you been on the chat room on here. It really helps to talk to others who suffer similar. It's available 24 hrs a date and there are some great people who you can chat with instantly. Do your controlled breathing and tell this awful anxiety to leave. X

Do they feel the same as when you had the 24 hour monitors? If so, you really have nothing to worry about. Have you had an echo? If not, it's probably worth going back to your GP and requesting one. You need reassurance.

Read about diet and supplements and how they can affect ectopics aswell.

Thanks Season, I'm trying I really am, this is my first day on here so I'll have a look about, the problem is I don't think it is anxiety, I think the symptom is causing the anxiety and as it's getting worse they've obviously missed a diagnosis....how many people have said that!? But I cannot shake the feeling that Something is wrong. 2anxious, I think they felt the same, I've just never had as many at one time before and for so long. I had an echo last year, showed a thickening of the left ventricle but within the normal range, whatever that is!

Thread Information